The Catering Manager is a highly motivated individual with passion for food, excitement about growing business, and loves guest service. They must think dynamically through challenges. The Catering Manager brings sales, catering, or restaurant management experience. The role requires self-motivation, incredible organization, and excellent communication. A strong work ethic and committment to delivering above and beyond guest service is a must.
A typical day involves an early start to ensure the production team is all set to fulfill the orders for that day. The Catering Manager will need to assist with order preparation, taking responsibility that all orders are assembled to the client’s specifications and ready/delivered on time. The Catering Manager will call on potential new businesses, keeping a comprehensive ‘contact’ log. A recap on all projects is expected by the Store Manager with assurance everything is ordered, organized and ready for the upcoming business day.
• Lead catering operations and serve as main point of contact for guests and staff.
• Focus on efficiency and managing costs while delivering on the company commitment to service, quality, and guest experience.
• Ensure food safety standards are met at all times.
• Develop and build relationships with vendor partners to support our growing business.
• Focus on and deliver exceptional guest experience.
• Build business remaining mindful of retaining existing guest and developing new clients.
• Work closely with guests throughout event planning to ensure event meets or exceeds client expectations.
• Represent company in the community to develop and deliver new business opportunities.
• Other duties as required and assigned.
• Knowledge of catering management, hospitality standards, and budgeting.
• The ideal candidate will also have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail.
• Ethical Conduct.
• Project Management
• Customer Service Mentality.
• Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
• Proven track record of delivering high quality client experiences in the restaurant and/or catering business
• 1-2 years of catering management, catering, or sales experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong attention to detail with experience writing and delivering proposals for Catering Requests
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks on deadline.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively and flexibly in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
• Positive attitude and self-starter with the ability to forge relationships.
• Proven desire and ability to think creatively and dynamically in role.
• Ability to work harmoniously with co-workers and perform duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the company’s value of exhibiting the highest quality standards in all endeavors.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
• This is a largely active role; work duties require the ability to lift up to 40lbs, stand for long periods of time, bend, & kneel.
• Primarily in a well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor setting with adequate ventilation. Periods required in an un-heated indoor setting with changing conditions. Periods spent outdoors while loading, unloading, delivering or hosting for catering events. Moderate noise levels typical of public space: music sound system, public conversations, telephones/cell phones, large groups.
Schedule and Travel Requirements
• Variable schedule: primarily a set schedule that may require weekends, periodic evenings, and/or periodic or seasonal overtime.
• Position does not require overnight travel.
• Driver’s License and reliable form of transportation.
Boisset Collection is an equal opportunity employer.
Proof of Covid-19 vaccination required at time of hire.