We are currently seeking highly qualified candidates for a Full Time,Guest Services Club & E Commerce Fulfillmentposition at Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery in Woodinville, WA. This role will function as a steward of Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, providing exceptional service for the fulfillment of club and eCommerce orders. All guest services employees are the public relations ambassadors of the company. As such, guest services personnel provide a warm welcome to all guests and provide a beyond-expectations experience. Successful members of the guest services team will consistently display a positive, unflappable, can-do attitude at all times while providing excellent and accommodating customer service to each and every guest.
What you will do:
• All tasting room employees are the public relations ambassadors of the company. As such, tasting room personnel provide a warm welcome to all guests and provide a beyond-expectations experience. Successful members of the tasting room team will consistently display a positive, unflappable, can-do attitude at all times while providing excellent and accommodating customer service to each and every guest.
• Provide customer service to wine club and eCommerce through fulfillment of wine club and eCommerce orders.
• Pull, pack and process wine orders for UPS and FedEx. Check and confirm for accuracy.
• Processing of returns (DTC and Samples).
• Support wine and packaging inventory.
• Delivery of wine samples to other departments/transfers to wine samples cage.
• Process JDE orders as needed.
• Respond to in-bound phone calls and e-mails related to general customer inquiries - returns, cancellations, and shipments.
• Variety of data entry responsibilities to support the wine clubs and E-commerce function - conduct inventory counts with supervisor and research any discrepancies.
• Adhere to all policies and procedures around shipping compliance.
• Provide accurate information about the mailing list and wine clubs and encourage guests to sign up.
• Help provide direct customer assistance as necessary and communicate any customer needs to other relevant staff members.
• Help to operate POS/registers to sell wine, merchandise, wine club memberships, and/or collect wine tasting fees when needed.
• Assistant with bagging/boxing of customer purchases.
• General housekeeping duties to ensure appearance, organization, and cleanliness of all tasting room areas are up to or exceed standards.
• Other duties as assigned.
What you will bring:
• Ability to work varying shifts/days of week, including evenings and weekends.
• Able work full time hours, 40 hours per week.
• Consistently able to lift and/or move 50 lbs. utilizing proper lifting techniques.
• Regularly required to twist, stoop, squat, reach above shoulder level and crouch.
• Must be able to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Basic knowledge of wine industry
• Self-motivated individual with the ability to work in a fast paced environment and multi-task
• Strong problem solving skills
• Proficiency with Point of Sale (POS) systems, as well as computer skills required
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Familiarity with UPS/FedEx shipping and tracking systems preferred
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must be at least 18 years or older
• History of responsible use of alcohol and other appropriate conduct, as well as fitness to be licensed, permitted, and/or certified by state and/or local regulatory bodies.
Who you are:
• You arecuriousand continuously learn and grow your capabilities.
• You respect and value the power ofconversationto bring people together, learn and solve problems.
• You valueinclusionand work to create an environment where everyone feels welcomed and every voice is heard.
• You areinnovativeand have the courage to pursue new ideas.
• You make animpactby being bold and taking action.
We believe in developing the leadership skills of our employees by providing opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health insurance, participation in our 401k programs and incentive compensation programs.
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class. Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department at 425-488-1133.