Cristom Vineyards was established in 1992 by the Gerrie family to grow and craft distinguished wines of place in the Eola-Amity Hills of Oregon. Family owned and operated for over thirty years, we continue to steward our hillside incorporating organic, agro-ecological, and biodynamic farming methods to produce and market site-focused Pinot Noir and Chardonnay in an environmentally aware and sustainable manner.
We are currently seeking a dynamic individual to assist our Estate Sales and Hospitality team in our tasting room by providing exceptional guest-service experiences to consumers and wine club members visiting Cristom Vineyards. A qualified individual will be able to effectively conduct the sale of wine and non-wine merchandise and sign-up new customers for wine club memberships. This position plays a key role in influencing the public’s perception of Cristom Vineyards and must possess excellent communication and guest service skills.
The position is part time and Seasonal
Key Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
• Provide an exceptional guest experience in our tasting room to all customers
• Enthusiastically engage customers and share our story
• Communicate and clearly articulate specific winemaking concepts and philosophies to individuals and groups in our tasting room
• Perform daily tasting room operations, including: present and pour wines, correspond with customers in person, via phone and email, complete transactions, and coordinate reservations.
• Support tasting room and hospitality team with winery events and enhanced experiences (we have some fun, new things planned for this summer!)
• Clean and maintain immaculate facilities, which including washing glasses and general housekeeping duties throughout shift
• Play an active role as an Ambassador for Cristom
• Actively promote our wines and invite our guests to join one of our wine clubs
• Prior experience in a wine service environment preferred but not required.
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
• Must be team focused
• Possess the ability and willingness to learn about wine, winemaking, viticulture, and our winemaking objectives
• Ability to use Microsoft Office Suites, including Word and Excel
• Ability to work indoors and outdoors, in varying weather environments, on potentially uneven ground of varying material (wood, gravel, dirt, etc.)
• Must be willing to work weekends, holidays, and on-site winery events
• Holds a current OLCC permit and Oregon Food Handler’s Permit (or ability to obtain)
• Standing for long periods of time
• Ability to multi-task and work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to regularly lift 45 lbs.
We are looking to hire and begin training immediately. Please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing what inspires you to join our team here. Compensation is competitive hourly wage DOE + tips + wine club sign-up incentives.
No phone calls, or drop-ins please.