The Seasonal Viticulture Field Scout is to assist the Viticulture team with collecting data for wine grape crop estimating throughout the growing season. Other responsibilities include weekly pest, disease and weed monitoring. Collecting leaf blades for nutrient analysis. This is a great opportunity for individuals who enjoy working outdoors and want to learn about vineyard management and wine grape growing.
What you will do:
• Collect field data such as bud and cluster counts, shoot elongation measurements, pest and disease monitoring and crop quality sampling and evaluations.
• Work is performed primarily outside in the vineyards in all weather conditions.
• Will drive a Pickup with trailer attached to vineyard locations and use an ATV in the vineyards.
• Able to lift approximately 50lbs.
• Must be able to operate an ATV on rough terrain for long hours.
• Must be able to work extended hours outdoors in inclement weather.
What you will bring:
• High School diploma is required.
• Minimum age requirement: 18 years old.
• Previous experience in an agricultural related field desired; experience in viticulture environment preferred.
• Experience with iPads is helpful.
• Must have a valid driver's license and must clear background check.
• Experience with an ATV is helpful.
• Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English is required. Proficient writing and communication skills a must.
• Good time management and organizational skills, good attention to detail and the ability to work independently is required.
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or other legally protected characteristics.
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department at 509-875-4243.