DH Wine Compliance is a full-service compliance firm in Santa Rosa, CA specializing in licensing, reporting, and consulting. We currently provide services to over 400 clients. DH Wine Compliance has three main objectives: True customer service, top-notch compliance expertise, and a work environment that honors and appreciates its employees. We are regarded as one of the best compliance companies in the US. In addition, DH Wine Compliance was awarded the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work in the 15-50 employee category multiple times.
Working under the supervision of the department lead, a Compliance Assistant will aide in the preparation, maintenance, submission, and organization of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reporting for out of state clients as well as assigned project-based work. This role is best suited for an individual who has experience and enjoys an administrative role with recordkeeping, sorting, archiving, scanning, filing and other office related tasks. This job will include data entry with numbers such as gallonage, bottle counts, zip codes, etc. This role’s primary responsibility is to support the Specialists in the department. There will also be exposure to clients, therefore this position should project a professional company image through all interactions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
• Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all aspects of client, staff and agency information
• Prepare and organize monthly reporting checklist packages
• Create, review, audit, and modify documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database and/or other presentation software such as power point, Adobe Acrobat, or other programs.
• Complete, submit and follow-through of various forms and reports
• Data entry assignments, mostly consisting of numbers
• Communicate with clients, various states, and federal agencies to obtain information and navigate compliance regulations.
• Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for consideration and presentation to the President, clients, or other staff members.
• File and retrieve organizational documents, records, and reports.
• Maintain hard copy and electronic filing systems.
• Projects as assigned by department team leads.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
• Support staff in assigned project-based work
• Other duties as assigned
Required Experience, Education, Knowledge and Skills
• Knowledge of the wine industry
• 3-5 years’ experience in a professional service-based business
• Excellent written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills
• Proficient in math
• Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, planning, records management, and general administration
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to computers, phone systems, copiers, printers
• Superior attention to detail
• Outstanding time management skills
• Proactively looks for ways to optimize
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
• Experience working with and supporting cross functional teams
• Self-Starter with efficient time management and organizational skills
• Experience directly or indirectly managing a range of experience levels, capabilities, and working styles
• Strong relationship building skills with the ability to listen, evaluate, advise, and influence
• Computer and Software proficiency
• Mid-level computer skills for standard programs including MS Office365, Word, Excel, Outlook
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and/or fingers to handle or feel. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, talk or hear, and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus for long periods of time.
• This position is a hybrid, work from home/professional office environment and will require some tasks be completed at the office
• Occasional travel by car; must have a valid driver’s license and provide own transportation
• Ability to work a flexible work schedule with extended hours as required during peak season demand
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
10 Paid Annual Holidays
Monthly contribution toward mental and physical health activities
Vacation and sick time accrual that increases with tenure
Employer contribution toward benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
401K with employer match after 1 year
Employee Assistance Program