Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is a premium wine company that is proud to call Washington State our home. We are a collection of distinctive wine estates and maker of some of the finest wines in the world because we value our vineyards and the art of wine-making. This focus has resulted in our ability to offer our consumers extraordinary and distinctive wines from some of the best regions in the world.
We are currently seeking highly qualified candidates for a Barrel and Wine Cellar Operator II to join our team at the Canoe Ridge Wine Estates in Paterson, WA.
In this role, you will:
• Assist Operators in setting up equipment and monitoring wine fermentation, pumping product to tanks and barrels, chemical additions and sanitations.
• Responsible for the various duties relating to the completion of work orders, safety checks, wine processes, reporting off standards, wash down and clean up, performing specified equipment maintenance and sanitizing work area.
• Schedule is 4 - 10 hour shifts per week with 3 day weekends
• Notify lead of any inventory shortages and assist in month-end inventory.
• Operate forklift
• Shovel pumice
• Maintain positive relationships encouraging strong communication and teamwork.
• Able to operate presses filters or other winery equipment.
• Perform light mechanical duties.
• Work in cold environment. Work on concrete floors for long period of time. Work with hazard chemicals.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• May have to work extended hours in Harvest.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
• High School Diploma preferred
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Minimum of one year experience in wine processing or related field/industry preferred.
• Must possess light mechanic skills.
• Ability to worked extended hours
• Ability to follow work orders and written instructions.
• Ability to read, writes, speak and understand English.
• Must be certified or able to be certified in forklift operation.
• History of responsible use of alcohol and other appropriate conduct, as well as fitness to be licensed, permitted, and/or certified by state and/or local regulatory bodies.
We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health insurance, participation in our pension 401k programs and incentive compensation programs as well as a relocation assistance package.
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class. Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department at 425-488-1133.