Great wine has character. Ours has character—and purpose.
Fetzer Vineyards is an award-winning purveyor of multi-origin wines and spirits, selling in over 50 countries worldwide. Founded by Barney Fetzer in Mendocino County, CA, in 1968, and part of global powerhouse Viña Concha y Toro, Fetzer Vineyards today remains driven by excellence, innovation and longstanding commitments to the environment and responsible business practices. With a focus on crafting wines made from sustainable, organic and Biodynamic® grapes, Fetzer Vineyards is a Top-12 U.S. marketer of wines, the nation’s primary importer of South American wines, and the United States’ largest Certified B Corporation winery—a testament to the company’s dedication to the transformational goals of regenerative business.
Our busy production maintenance department is hiring a production maintenance specialist to play a hands-on lead role in areas of mechanical specialties. This entails maintaining a bottling facility that operates four production lines at a capacity of 125-250bpm. By working closely with Production Team Coaches, your efforts will ensure the highest possible efficiencies on the lines.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Perform work order maintenance including using and maintaining maintenance programs to document equipment maintenance
• Schedule major repairs for downtime days with the supervisor
• Perform all mechanical repairs, troubleshooting and diagnostics
• Interdepartmental communication; checking with Team Coaches, supervisors, Quality team and line operators for daily repairs or performance problems. Schedule and attend meetings with Production and Quality teams as necessary
• Assist production maintenance line technician(s) as needed
• Monitor and ensure machinery is in safe working order. Implement safety modifications and upgrades
• Train entry-level maintenance, production and production maintenance personnel
• Change over equipment for product changes
• Order parts and supplies/purchase requests, preventative maintenance (PM) route sheets, work orders, weekly timesheets, equipment files and records
• Schedule appointments with outside vendors and technicians for technical support, machinery modifications or upgrades
• Assist with research and development and implementation of package changes
• Perform basic electrical repairs, troubleshooting and diagnostics
• Install and modify new and used equipment
• Fabricate and machine parts as required
• Additional duties as assigned
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent
• Five plus years experience in the same or related field, five years’ experience in metal fabrication and welding, including machining skills
• Advanced knowledge of mechanics
• Experience with a PC-based work order management system, preferred
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• An accredited Apprenticeship is a plus
• Basic PC skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Internet and email
• Valid CA Driver’s License – Class C required
• Ability to work in a loud production environment
• Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers, Team Coaches and all levels of management in English, both written and verbal
• This is a 5-day/8-hour per day position, Monday – Friday. It may require overtime and may require call-in for emergencies
• Experience with PLC-based automated production equipment preferred, or strong desire to learn
Ability to lift and carry, push and pull up 50-100 lbs. on an occasional basis; requires ability to constantly walk and stand; occasionally climb, crawl, squat, kneel and bend; occasionally reach outward and upward and work at a computer; requires hand and finger dexterity. Requires PPE such as safety toe footwear, hearing protection and safety glasses
Fetzer Vineyards 12901 Old River Rd Hopland, CA 95449. Hopland is about a two-hour drive, along scenic U.S. Route 101, north of San Francisco.
About Fetzer Vineyards:
In addition to its flagship Fetzer label, the Fetzer Vineyards portfolio features Bonterra Organic Vineyards, the 2016 Wine Enthusiast American Winery of the Year; 1000 Stories; Casillero del Diablo, the #1 Chilean wine brand (750ml) in the U.S.; and Trivento Reserve, the #3 selling Malbec in the U.S. The Origins Collection—an esteemed portfolio of super-premium to super-luxury offerings centered on terroir-driven wines from Chile, Argentina and the U.S.—showcases South American icons Don Melchor and Trivento Eolo Malbec, alongside Bonterra’s single-vineyard, biodynamically farmed wines.
Tell us about your passion for the wine industry: apply online http://fetzervineyards.appone.com
Requires successful completion of criminal background, DMV check (if applicable) and drug screen. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V You will be required to submit verification of your citizenship or legal right to work in the United States at the time of an offer of employment.