Estate Host (Full-Time/Part-time)
Ashes & Diamonds Winery
Ashes & Diamonds Winery is looking for a new member to join our talented team!
We offer a creative and dynamic environment, with plenty of room to grow.
The A&D Estate Host is primarily responsible for serving and selling wine, communicating our mission and extending hospitality to a range of guests and members. Candidates should have a passion for wine, a strong interest in food, art and culture, and the ability to sell wine and club memberships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Greet all visitors to A&D, pour wines for tasting, discuss wine and respond to customer questions as appropriate.
• Ensure that every visitor thoroughly enjoys their wine-tasting experience and leaves highly impressed with our wines.
• Can accurately describe wines, wine-making techniques, winery history, appellations and unique aspects of wines.
• Effectively promote and sell wine and Wine Club memberships to customers.
• Handle purchasing transactions, including operating cash register, accounting for daily sales and processing returns and discounts.
• Take initiative for self-development in the area of understanding our wines, our brands, general hospitality and in acquiring effective sales techniques and acumen.
• Participate in company-sponsored wine education and development opportunities.
• Maintain knowledge of current and new legal issues pertaining to interstate shipping of wine to consumers and their impact on day-to-day wine shipments.
• Participate in and assist with special hospitality events at the winery.
• Wash and polish glassware for Tasting Room.
• Assist with display and pricing of retail items and wines as needed.
• Represent winery at outside functions as required.
• Must be willing and able to work evenings and weekends.
• 1 year in a winery or restaurant position or equivalent education/work experience.
• Ability to set priorities and work independently within set guidelines and display appropriate sense of urgency.
• Ability to hit sales and club sign-up goals.
• Ability to multitask and problem-solve effectively and efficiently.
• Positive and professional attitude; self-motivated.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Lift and handle materials weighing up to 25 lbs.
• Stand on hard surface for extended periods.
• Grasp, stoop, squat, climb stairs, push or pull, carry and reach over shoulder.
• Ability to operate various types of machinery to include, but not limited to: pallet jacks; hand trucks, etc.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under pressure.