With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Positions are available in the following locations: Fresno and Modesto.
E. & J. Gallo Winery is focused on achieving World Class Maintenance by implementing solutions aimed at creating and sustaining a maintenance culture that adjusts to the business needs and supports consumer demands by maximizing equipment uptime and minimizing the life-cycle cost of our assets.
As a Maintenance Engineer, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, and applying engineering concepts for the optimization of equipment design for maintainability, preventative maintenance procedures, and precision standards. You will support one plant (Fresno, Livingston, Cellar, Spirits, Bottling) and collaborate with other Maintenance Engineers and/or Reliability Maintenance Specialists to implement processes on like equipment across various plants to ensure standardization. You will have the ability to work cross functional teams and projects. Additionally, you will help contribute to training for team members and drive continuous improvement.
What You Will Do
• Responsible for Design for Maintainability (DfM) of assets
• Support FMEAs
• Responsible for developing the equipment maintenance plan (EMP) for assets: Research vendor/OEM manufacturing equipment recommendation, execute data analysis on asset, and facilitate cross-functional SME team meetings, and validate EMP
• Responsible for PM optimization
• Establishes precision maintenance standards: Shaft alignment, balancing, torqueing, machine anchor, softfoot, v-belt installation, roller chain installation, etc.
• Investigates and resolves work-in-process problems
• Recommends and implements improvements and modifications in sequence of operations, equipment utilization, and related matters
• Plans and develops experimental test programs
• Coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget
• Works on many phases of project or entire projects of moderate complexity under general supervision
• Independently determines approach to assigned tasks
Influence and Leadership:
• Provides significant contribution to teams and projects, and is influential within the team or work group
• Partners with Training/Maintenance Leadership team to train Maintenance team members in performing precision maintenance standards and execution of PMs
• Leads technical staff and/or junior Engineers
What You Need
• Master's Degree in Engineering and previous Engineering Internship experience; OR Bachelor's Degree in Engineering plus 1 year of Engineering experience, which may include Gallo TMDP or OMDP experience.
• Understands Basic Engineering and can follow standard work to achieve goals
What Will Set You Apart
• BS in Engineering Management, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Bio-Systems Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, or Civil Engineering.
• Presentation Skills
• Technical Writing Skills
• Technical Evaluation Skills
• CPG Manufacturing Systems (Filling, Labeling, Packaging, etc.)
• Winery Manufacturing Systems (Fermentation, Piping, Filtration, etc.)
Gallo does not sponsor for employment-based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Recruiter: Makaela Swenson
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.