The History of Foley Family Wines
In spring of 1996, Bill & Carol Foley purchased 1,000 acres of lush and fertile earth within the then relatively unknown Sta. Rita Hills region of Santa Barbara County. Their plan – produce hand-crafted Chardonnay and Pinot Noir that reflected the best of California’s Central Coast. Named for their two daughters – Lindsey & Courtney – Lincourt Vineyards was born, and with it, the beginning of Foley Family Wines.
In the 25 years since, Foley Family Wines has grown into one of the world’s largest producers of fine wine, adding some of the industry’s most valuable wineries, located in the most recognized winemaking regions, including Napa, Sonoma, the Pacific Northwest, and New Zealand. Today, the Foley Family Wines portfolio boasts a number of the most-celebrated names in wine, including Chalk Hill Estate, Chalone, Ferrari-Carano, and Sebastiani. www.foleyfamilywines.com
This position will assist with driving top line sales revenue to achieve business goals through telephone sales campaigns and tasting room shifts and events. This person must be enthusiastic, charismatic, and passionate about wine. People skills and the ability to multi-task are a must along with working with the public and in a team environment
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Effectively communicate the Foley Family Wines Portfolio and cross-refers guests to sister properties
• Greet all visitors to the winery and pours wines for seated tasting
• Describes wines, winemaking techniques and winery history while answering visitors’ questions
• Effectively suggests and sells wine to customers in tasting room environment as well as through telephone sales and events
• Completes and submits daily sales reports to the Guest Services Manager.
• Accurately handles routine purchase transactions which include operating cash register and accounting of daily sales processes
• Assists customers with the carry out of purchases to their vehicles when necessary
• Conducts guided tours as needed
• Assists with hospitality special events as needed
• Book guest and member experiences via phone or email for all tasting room experiences, gathering necessary billing and contact information
• Assists with receiving and restocking of wine and/or merchandise as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• POS and cash handling experience is preferred
• Must have a commitment to excellence and high standards for hospitality, customer service and communication skills
• Must have a professional appearance and demeanor
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
Experience and Qualifications:
• Retail, tasting room or restaurant experience is preferred
• Must be at least 21 years of age
Company Core Values:
Teamwork – Be Each Other’s Partners in Wine
Commitment – Crush Every Day Like It’s Harvest
Quality – Good vs. Grape: It’s All in The Details
Integrity – It Takes a Vineyard
Safety – Tend the Vines
Entrepreneurship – Love the Wine You’re With
Fun! - Smile! You Have Purple Teeth!
Foley Family Wines provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.