DVWP Trade Marketing Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a Trade Marketing Manager to join Distinguished Vineyards & Wine Partners (DVWP). Reporting to the VP of Sales, this role is responsible for leading sales & marketing collaboration and delivering compelling, customer centered DVWP portfolio marketing tools. This role will play a critical part in aligning our brand objectives with the needs of our sales team, wholesaler partners and key accounts. Ideas, objectives, and timing driven by collaboration of Sales + Marketing + Trade Marketing Leads. The development and delivery of tools will be owned by the Trade Marketing Manager. This is a full-time position, and the incumbent will be eligible for our outstanding health care benefits, PTO and 401k plan.
Formed in 2008, Distinguished Vineyards and Wine Partners represents a collection of iconic wineries from some of the world's most prestigious wine regions. Recognized as benchmarks for their regions, our domestic portfolio includes the highly acclaimed Argyle Winery in Oregon's Willamette Valley, MacRostie Winery and Vineyards in Sonoma, and Markham Vineyards in Napa Valley. Our core purpose is to enrich our world by championing sociability and helping people to live well. Ever evolving, while remaining true to our roots, DVWP offers an unparalleled work environment with opportunities for professional and personal growth that include:
• Our Culture - We live by our leadership principles of doing the right thing, for the long term, being first with consumers to win customers, thinking beyond, innovate, and adapt, deciding fast and making it happen, and welcoming differences and standing for fairness.
• Our Benefits - DVWP has an amazing benefits package that includes 401K with matching, medical/dental/vision plan, PTO, community/employee engagement including wellness program and more!
• Our Community - We at DVWP believe in giving back and being accountable when it comes to social responsibility. That is why we have committed to our employees and their families and partner with community organizations to continue to uphold these values.
In this role, you will support all DVWP brands and portfolio to help sustain and grow our wholesale channel to drive sales through innovative in-store, trade, and distributor programming, while also being a leader in developing the direct report associate.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in proficient customer centered marketing technique and adaptation to customer needs, strong communication skills and proficient technical skills in MS Office Suite, specifically being a PowerPoint ‘power user’. The candidate must have a solid understanding of the three-tier distribution system, retail environments, and production processes specially with premium/luxury wine segments. This role must also have the ability to create impactful visual presentations and build critical external relationships while empowering internal relationships.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Deliver impactful national program support tools; POS, premiums, sales tools
• Oversee a suite of premium flow materials (shelf talkers, case cards, ratings, waitstaff training cards, etc.), Lead Marketing Associate on execution
• Develop quality, concise wholesale presentation slides that communicate our trade marketing initiatives
• Develop quality ‘1 pagers’ communicating impactful sales messaging/updates (Nielsen, press, etc.)
• Work with DVWP sales managers to adapt tools and/or programs to best fit their markets
• Collaborate with DVWP sales lead to deliver wholesaler specific support tools that drive engagement, priority, share and of mind
• Collaborate with DVWP sales lead to deliver customer specific support tools that enable new distribution, promotion, and increases ROS in our ‘must win’ chains and top independents
• Oversee DVWP trade sites and Digital Asset Management process, Lead Marketing Associate on execution
• Oversee DVWP asset management across wholesale platforms (Winebow, SGWS, 750, etc), Lead Marketing Associate on execution
• Own the strategy, execution and ROI evaluation for wholesale e-comm and communication platforms (Vivino, Neptune, Vestcom, etc.)
We are looking for a qualified individual who holds a business, marketing, communications, or related degree from an accredited College or University, with at least 5 years previous progressive work experience in wine and spirits sales and/or trade marketing experience and have measurable experience with annual planning and budget execution.
By joining the DVWP Sales & Marketing team, you will be joining a team of diverse individuals, all passionate about wines, our employees, and our business and what they do! We aim to provide a fun and inclusive culture where everyone can be the best they can be, and have a great time doing it!
When applying for this opportunity please apply on our parent company (Lion Little World Beverages) career site providing a complete resume (without gaps) and cover letter. Distinguished Vineyards and Wine Partners is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all to apply.