Scheid Family Wines has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Intern to join our dynamic marketing team.
Founded in Monterey County in 1972, Scheid Family Wines is one of the fastest growing wine companies in the country with extensive estate vineyard holdings and a state-of-the-art winery campus. In addition to our flagship Scheid Vineyards brand, we produce and market a portfolio of global brands, including Ryder Estate, District 7, VDR, and Sunny with a Chance of Flowers, plus other regional and national private label brands.
Working with our Chief Marketing Officer, the candidate will contribute to the development of an Omnichannel Strategy for Scheid Family Wines, including a focus on growing our DTC and eCommerce business. The intern will interact directly with the Digital Marketing and Executive teams to integrate insights around company systems and processes, as well as strategic plan goals, to inform the final recommendation. This is a paid internship.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Build multi-year Omnichannel strategy for Scheid Family Wines with goal of growing DTC/eCommerce revenue, including go-to-market execution plan
• Define potential partners and recommend phased focus and approach across B2B and B2C channels
• Identify key KPIs, data sources, and reporting requirements to facilitate performance management
• Based on company size and growth trajectory, recommend infrastructure (e.g., DAM, CRMN/CDP system) and SOPs (e.g., update cadence and process, content quality audits) to support long-term omnichannel strategy
• Discover and analyze competitive sets and present results and recommendations
• Collaborate with Digital Marketing to recommend innovative and creative promotions for the trade and consumers to test and learn, and also to kickstart the company’s participation in your omnichannel strategy recommendation
• Prepare and deliver compelling sales and consumer insights into an educational presentation for the sales and marketing teams
• Present final omnichannel strategy recommendation to the Scheid Family Wines Executive team
• This internship is designed for MBA students pursuing advanced education in Marketing or related fields
• Ability to develop and communicate strategic content
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Have experience or interest in digital marketing and MarTech, and/or wine/spirits and the alcohol beverage industry
• Work in the spirit of collaboration with various team members
• Ability to meet deadlines with high quality materials
• High level knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Must be dependable and organized with consistent, thoughtful follow-up
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects and/or keyboard. Required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch. Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 lbs. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. This job requires use of the computer and phone.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities or activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Scheid Family Wines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.