Scheid Family Wines has an exciting opportunity for an intern to join our dynamic marketing team in our Salinas, CA location.
Founded in Monterey County in 1972, Scheid Family Wines is one of the fastest growing wine companies in the country with extensive estate vineyard holdings and a state-of-the-art winery campus. In addition to our flagship Scheid Vineyards brand, we produce and market a portfolio of global brands, including Ryder Estate, District 7, VDR, and Sunny with a Chance of Flowers, plus other regional and national private label brands.
SUMMARY: The Scheid Family Wines Marketing Internship provides a unique opportunity for a college student to gain first-hand experience marketing wine brands from our diverse portfolio with a tiered structure of marketing mix needs. Marketing Interns will assist the Marketing Team with various marketing tasks and projects. These include, but are not limited to, editing and customizing presentations, sourcing marketing and sales materials, building brand identity guidelines, developing brand assets and maintaining asset organization. This is a paid internship position starting in June 2022, designed for Junior-level college students majoring in Communications, Marketing or similar majors. The internship will last approximately 10-12 weeks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist with the development of brand standards for a variety of private label brands
• Assist team with the development of selling tool templates (sell sheets, presentation decks, etc.) to align with sales team needs and brand standards
• Gather brand assets and build out sales tools for private label brands
• Proofread and verify information on brand selling tools and newsletters
• Assist with packaging, shipping, and other team projects as needed
• Organize and tag digital brand collateral, photo, and video assets
• Assist with events, tastings, photoshoots and other “off campus” special projects as needed
• Must have an understanding of marketing fundamentals with excellent writing and communication skills
• Must be extremely organized with an incredible eye for detail
• Must be a team player who is pleasant, dependable and enjoys collaborating with others
• Must have basic computer skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint within the Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience with Canva, Adobe Creative Suite and other design related platforms is a plus
• Ability to attend and contribute daily to meetings and/or video conferences with the team
• Be willing to learn & utilize internal marketing platforms such as SharePoint and Teamwork
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects and/or keyboard. Required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch. Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 lbs. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. This job requires use of the computer and phone.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities or activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Scheid Family Wines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.