With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
If you are passionate about food science, and have an appreciation for winemaking or wine in general, and seek to apply fundamental principles of science and engineering to make the next bottle of wine better, this role will allow you to make deliver while working for a company setting global standards in wine and grape research
What you'll do:
• Research strategic concepts related to winemaking, providing unique & competitive advantage to Gallo
• Dynamic R & amp;D environment with projects ranging in scale from shake flask to million-liter scale, and leveraging fundamental and advanced concepts in biochemical/bioprocess engineering
• Cross functional project management with visibility across organizational structure
What You Need
• Bachelor of Science degree in Biochemical/Bioprocessing/Food/Chemical Engineering, Food Science or closely related Biological Science.
• Proficiency in setting and executing microbial fermentation research
• Required to lift and move up to 50 pounds
• Candidates for this position must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver's license or appropriate state driver's license within 30 days of hire.
What Will Set You Apart
• Bachelor's degree in Bioprocess, Biochemical, Food, Chemical Engineering with one or more years of relevant work experience
• Knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures in the areas of microbiology, chemistry, biochemistry, fermentation science, food and sensory sciences
• Skilled in effective communication; experience working both individually and in a team environment
• Experience (theoretical and functional) with biochemical unit operations such as filtration, distillation, evaporation, etc.
• Experience with mathematical modeling of test variables and use of Aspen/Chemcad/Matlab/CFD (e.g. modeling of fermentation process parameters, transport phenomena, Metabolic Flux Analysis etc.)
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Requisition ID: 93613
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.