With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
The Gallo Sales Company, based in Hayward, is the Northern California distributor of E & J Gallo Winery brands. Our passions run deep and what unites us is an incredible culture of teamwork, innovation, and collaboration. Do you want to be a part of an award-winning sales team? If so, apply today!
As a Merchandiser, we give you open access to award-winning training. If you're looking to break into the wine & spirits industry, this opportunity offers great exposure, ensuring you'll have a successful career in this fast paced and ever evolving industry! We offer competitive hourly compensation and mileage reimbursement. Don't wait, come join the family and apply today!
This part-time position will work in the Santa Cruz County. Work schedule would be Wednesday- Saturday, with possiblity for Sunday, 7am to 3:30pm.
What You'll Do:
• Call on grocery and drug chain accounts, like Safeway, Lucky, and CVS or non-chain accounts, like Liquor Stores and Sprouts
• Be a detective, identifying opportunities and locations to cross-merchandise in accounts, outside of the liquor department for incremental sales
• Partner with the Sales Representative to merchandise Gallo products to stimulate impulse purchases using eye-catching display pieces (wine barrels, etc.) across the store
• Maintain shelves and cold boxes up to standards
• Ensure inventory levels are sustained, by staying in constant contact with Retailers and Sales Representatives on status of Gallo products
• Maintain positive brand image throughout each account ensuring cleanliness and proper facing of products
• Assist with special projects such as store resets, remodels, etc.
What we are looking for:
• High School diploma or State-issued equivalency.
• Required to be at least 18 years of age.
• 1 year work experience.
• Ability to work weekends and holidays when needed
• Must have car or personal transportation to access multi-store locations within assigned shift.
• Valid driver's license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver's license or appropriate state driver's license within 30 days of hire.
• Required to lift and move up to 53 pound cases of product.
• Good communication skills.
• Experienced in reading and comprehending simple instructions, correspondence, and memos.
• Experienced in writing simple correspondence and procedures.
• Required to frequently reach at or below shoulder level including firmly griping or grasping with both hands.
• Required to frequently stand or walk.
• Required to intermittently bend and/or twist at the neck and waist.
What will set you apart:
• Skilled merchandising techniques
• Experience working in a retail sales environment or alcoholic beverage industry
• Good communication, problem solving, and time management skills
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.