With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
As the Brand Development Manager, you will help determine the potential of new alcohol beverage brands that are in lead markets to achieve scale. You will develop a deep understanding of the consumer, positioning, customer and product. Working collaboratively with the central innovation team, you will develop marketing plans, evaluate performance against KPIs, implement course corrections and recommend brands to expand distribution or discontinue lead market test. If recommended to expand distribution, you will lead the transition of the New brand from Central Innovation into a business unit. As new consumer needs/ portfolio gaps are identified, you will also work on developing new brands from the ground up.
In this highly visible role, you will be interacting regularly with cross functional teams and Gallo leadership. This role will report in the VP of New Brand development with a dotted line into the Principal In-market learning.
This position has remote work accessibility, but does require domestic travel by air and automobile up to 30%. Travel expenses will be covered by employer and travel can be via automobile or plane to consumer / in-market location / customer meetings or to the Corporate Headquarters in Modesto, CA.
What You Will Do:
• Partners with brand developers, project managers and the in-market learning team to develop an understanding of the brand development and in-market learning process
• Develops empathy for the consumption audience for each of new brands in development
• Work closely with the in-market team to develop a good understanding of the ecosystem outside Gallo involved in bringing a new brand to the market (distributor, sales, buyers, wine stewards)
• Partners with end-to end development team to build a deep understanding of new brands in their current state. Works closely with brand developers, consumer insights lead, liquid development team and creative leads to build a holistic understanding of the innovation charter and brand solution
• Partners with in-market team to understand learning objectives, develop and implement go to market plan for Phase 1 and 2
• Leads refinement of Brand Strategic Positioning (BSP) based on initial phases of in-market and consumer research learning
• Leads communication development in partnership with brand developer for later stages of in-market testing (Phases 1 and 2) based on refined BSP
• Leads all agency communication work for test Phases 1 and 2
• Travels to different markets to support in-market team in planning and execution of tests
• Works closely with insights and in-market team to refine learning needs for Phases 1 and 2 and helps with execution of learning plan
• Works collaboratively with the in-market team and insights to analyze in-market performance of marketing plan recommend adjustments as needed and implement changes
• In Phase 2 of testing, partners with Commercial BU and works with cross-functional teams to assess innovation brand performance to deliver a business review, and develop strategic Brand Plan recommendation in preparation for handoff to the Commercial BU
• Consults heavily in the creation of the business plan for Phase 3 national expansion (business plan will be led by BU in Phase 3)
What You Will Need:
• High School Diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
• Master's degree plus 6 years of communications, finance, marketing, supply chain/supply planning, process development, new product development, project management, process engineering, or sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR Bachelor's degree plus 8 years of communications, finance, marketing, supply chain/supply planning, process development, new product development, project management, process engineering, or sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR 12 years of communications, finance, marketing, military, operations, supply chain/supply planning, process development, new product development, project management, process engineering or sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• 3 years of building brand reviews, brand plans and managing A & amp;P budget experience.
• 3 years of specific alcohol beverage industry marketing or sales experience.
• Hands on experience developing communications framework, working with agencies to develop campaign idea and implementation.
• Experience effectively presenting information to top management, public groups and boards of directors.
• Skilled in building collaborative relationships and working on cross functional teams.
What Will Set You Apart:
• Master of Business Administration degree plus 8 years of Gallo experience managing A&P budgets.
• Experience with design, creative writing/ copy writing.
• Experience writing speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
• Experience defining problems, collecting data and drawing conclusions.
• Multiple Gallo marketing rotations.
• Luxury marketing, On Premise, and Ambassador Management experience.
• Experiential marketing campaign development and execution experience.
• Tasting room management experience (wine or spirits).
• Direct to consumer sales experience (alcohol beverage or luxury consumer goods a plus).
• Experience training and developing junior level brand marketers in executing brand and organizational objectives.
• Skilled in reading, analyzing and interpreting common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
• Skilled in interpreting an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Experience performing work that is complex and varied in nature, requiring frequent evaluation, originality or ingenuity.
• Skilled in the u...