At Crimson Wine Group, we are the guardians of 1,000 acres of pristine vineyards, iconic estates, forests, and wildlife habitats along the West Coast. Our enviable portfolio of brands includes Pine Ridge Vineyards (Napa, Calif.), Seghesio Family Vineyards (Healdsburg, Calif.), Archery Summit (Dayton, Ore.), Chamisal Vineyards (San Luis Obispo, Calif.), Double Canyon (West Richland, Wash.), Seven Hills Winery (Walla Walla, Wash.) and Malene Wines (Santa Barbara County, Calif.).
The Key Account Manager will be responsible for the sales of all CWG brands within a specific geographic area. This position is responsible and expected to independently call on retail and on-premise broad market accounts as well as in conjunction with the distributor sales force to achieve distribution and volume goals and is our direct sales link to the marketplace.
Key Account Managers must have a pragmatic approach to achieving the company's goals, inclusive of POD, revenue and case sales while staying at or below budgeted spend to assure maximum ROI and must continue to acquire knowledge of our products, our competition, and the marketplace. The primary responsibility is the growth and development of key accounts. The primary focus is 75% time spent in the field: calling on key accounts and communicating programs and pricing to the Distributor Account Specialists. The Key Account Manager will educate Distributor's Sales Representatives on an ongoing basis while creating and maintaining new and existing Key Accounts and buyer relationships. They must possess superior knowledge of products, wine industry, competitive market, pricing, and customer concerns/motivations. This role is expected to bring creative and pioneering ideas, as well as disciplined business management practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management's definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other reasons:
• Achieve new accounts sold, POD’s, profit, and case volume goals for your respective markets.
• Strengthen and maintain contact with existing customer base and cultivate relationships with new ones with full understanding of key buyer's promotional practices and operating procedures. Analyze business and develop creative, value-added, approaches when presenting to key accounts.
• Create strategic on and off premise target account lists (manageable with high frequency visits) and distribution goal objectives to cultivate and expand customer base. Develop scorecards for tracking success.
• Sharpen the focus of sales activities to the highest potential, aspirational, and responsive accounts. Understand what success looks like within the major key accounts (80/20).
• Work closely with key distributor sales personnel and independently to grow CWG’s market share. Increase PODs across key channels by SKU (by +3% across portfolio for 2022), utilizing key distributor tools and resources.
• Develop, implement, manage, and review specific goals & objectives by team with Regional Manager.
• Identify and communicate business opportunities utilizing available account level data.
• Work directly with CWG’s wineries to champion local organic growth and visibility.
• Work with the National Accounts Team (both off and on-premise) to ensure rapid and effective execution relative to national account initiatives and compliance.
• Conduct team meetings with distributor personnel to inform of them of our programs and priorities.
• Manage, direct, and educate wholesale personnel to effectively sell the CWG portfolio.
• Review market opportunities and sales programming with direct manager.
• Monitor distributor team performance versus company objectives through monthly business reviews and tracking.
• Coordinate market visits for winemakers or other key company personnel on an as needed basis.
• Develop and adhere to annual Key Account expense budget.
• Provide frequent formal and informal reporting to the Division VP East and Regional Sales Manager Northeast relative to all aspects of the business.
EDUCATION TRAINING AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
• 5 or more years of fine wine sales experience, with in-depth experience and understanding of the entire three-tier system. The ideal candidate will have well established relationships with key buyers and a proven track record of success working with distribution teams at all levels.
• Must demonstrate a high level of knowledge and comprehension of products, the wine industry, distributor culture and understands what success looks like within major key accounts (80/20).
• Proven ability to achieve a growth goal and sales number for the year.
• Advanced sales abilities, plus strong presentation and public speaking skills are essential and required.
• Exceptional business acumen, including quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written & oral communication skills, plus strong interpersonal & listening skills.
• Energetic self-starter with excellent time management skills, including the ability to prioritize and pre-plan effectively.
• Intuitive, sound judgment, common sense; curious, high integrity, responsible, collaborative.
• Ability to multitask and respond quickly and accurately to demanding situations are required.
• Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
• Ability to travel an average of 75% each month.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required; Knowledge of Diver and VIP would be a plus.
• Availability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, for special events is required.
• Must be 21 years of age and able to lift 50lbs.
• Valid DL and auto insurance coverage.