Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is a premium wine company that is proud to call the greater Seattle area our home. We are a collection of distinctive wine estates and maker of some of the finest wines in the world. As a result, our wines are a force for gatherings and conversations to serve the well-being of our consumers, our communities and our land. This approach has resulted in our ability to offer our consumers outstanding and distinctive wines from some of the best regions in the world.
This is a seasonal full-time position at Chateau Ste Michelle's Canoe Ridge Estate Winery. Under supervision, perform varied tasks in the production of wine. Work is primarily focused on tasks involving winemaking, computer work and paperwork. Will be trained to perform any or all the essential functions, included but not limited to, those listed below. Ideal start time will be in early August and extend through November 2022.
What you will do:
• Build and issue routine work orders.
• Maintain and update Logix tank controls.
• Build, maintain, and update various tracking spreadsheets.
• Set up and orchestrate bench top experiments.
• Interact daily with cellar crew to facilitate cellar work.
• Coordinate with lab to acquire required wine analysis at various processing stages.
• Manage and execute special projects to improve quality and style of Chateau Ste Michelle red wines.
• Participate in blending and tasting with winemaking team.
• Participate in vineyard visits with winemaking team.
• Participate in tank tasting rounds to assist with record keeping and decision-making.
• Make independent winemaking decisions after training.
• Maintain and coordinate wine library.
What you will bring:Desired qualities:
• Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with diverse teams.
Physical requirements of the role:
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs repeatedly for up to 4 hours or carry up to 60 lbs intermittently.
• Ability to walk and or stand on concrete for long periods of time - up to a full shift.
• Ability to twist, stand, squat, kneel, bend at waist, push, pull, drag, and climb stairs repeatedly
• Ability to work in a varying temperature climate (i.e, between 55 and 80 degrees) indoors and outdoors.
• Ability to work in confined spaces as needed and after training.
• Ability to work up to 12-hour shifts, 6 days a week during peak harvest; which may include some nights.
• At least 21 years of age.
• Bachelor Degree or related experience.
• Must possess a valid driver's license.
• Previous winery harvest work experience is desired.
• Ability to read, write, speak, understand English and follow work instructions.
• Able to interact well with coworkers and management in creating an atmosphere of teamwork and participation.
• Proficient in computer skills.
• History of responsible use of alcohol and other appropriate conduct, as well as fitness to be licensed, permitted, and/or certified by state and/or local regulatory bodies.
Who you are:
• You are curious and continuously learn and grow your capabilities.
• You respect and value the power of conversation to bring people together, learn and tackle problems.
• You value inclusion and work to build an environment where everyone feels encouraged and every voice is heard.
• You are innovative and have the courage to pursue new insights.
• You make an impact by being ambitious and taking action.
We believe in developing the leadership skills of our employees by providing opportunities for training, development and advancement. In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer a competitive base salary.
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class. For more information, see the EEOC's "Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law" poster.