Grosgrain Vineyards is seeking an experienced Assistant Winemaker to join our team in Walla Walla, WA. Grosgrain is a rapidly growing, family-owned wine company, with two estate vineyards currently in development. The ideal candidate will have interest or familiarity with the diverse styles of wine that we produce (pét nat, méthode champenoise, skin-contact whites, lightly-extracted reds, etc). This position will also involve assistance in the tasting room and at events, as well as other various duties. MUST be able to work a full-time Tuesday-Saturday schedule.
* Safely operate and maintain forklifts and equipment
* Perform routine cellar tasks including but not limited to fruit processing, racking, topping, basic laboratory tests (SO2, pH, TA), barrel maintenance, cleaning/sanitation and forklifting.
* Maintain wine movement records and inventory of bulk and cased goods.
* Ensure that all cellar movements are clean and sanitary
* Perform all work with safety as a number one priority
* Providing excellent service to customers in the tasting room
* At least three years cellar experience
* Formal wine education is a plus
* Wine tasting skills with the ability to perceive subtle differences in wine (flavors, flaws, etc.)
* A safe and expert forklift driver
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem-solve; detail oriented and organized
* Extended workdays and hours are required during the harvest season (August through November)
• Must be able to work outside in wet, hot, and cold conditions
* Positive Attitude
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Proficient in MS Office
* Ability to lift 50 lbs. repeatedly
* Eligible to work in the United States
Compensation will be based on experience.