Summary of Position:
Wash and clean tableware, pots, pans and cooking equipment. Prep food as requested. Keep the dish washing area and equipment clean and organized. This position pays $19.00 per hour. We provide a free meal during your shift and as an employee you receive an employee discount of up to 70% on wine!
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintains a Guest focus while performing duties
• Assumes 100% responsibility for the cleanliness of dishware.
• Load, run and unload dish machine.
• Keep the dish machine clean and report any functional or mechanical problems to the kitchen manager immediately.
• Monitor dish machine water temperature and chemical levels to ensure sanitary wash cycle.
• Wash and store all tableware and kitchenware.
• Keep work area clean and organized.
• Maintain adequate levels of clean tableware for dining room and kitchen
• Bag and haul kitchen trash to dumpster.
• Handle tableware carefully to prevent breakage and loss.
• Maintain adequate levels of dish detergents and cleaning supplies.
• Clean food preparation and production areas as required,
• Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
• Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by his or her supervisor.
• Must possess a positive attitude and work well with other team members
• Must be able to work unsupervised
• Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
• Ability to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 7 hours).
• Ability to follow direction and ask questions for clarification if needed.
• Ability to work in a fast paced kitchen environment
• Ability to work in hot, wet, humid and loud environment for long periods of time
• Able to work a flexible schedule including weekends.