The Senior Sales Analyst will work with the sales team to provide timely and accurate sales reports to drive key sales decisions, profitable growth, and goal achievement. This person will be responsible for developing allocation amounts throughout market, evaluating existing strategies, and providing analysis using shipment, depletion, and inventory information.
• Must be at least 21 years old.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Mathematics, Economics, or equivalent quantitative discipline.
• 2-5 years’ experience in a relevant position; experience in wine industry a plus.
• Strong Excel skills required.
• Well versed in planning and reporting systems preferred.
• Is capable of modeling budgets and forecasts by month, SKU and location based on discussions with budget owners and assessment of current trends.
• Remote option available.
• Develop and maintain sales reporting, forecasting, and trend analysis as appropriate for regular monthly reporting and status updates.
• Develop, monitor, and publish various reports and dashboards to Wholesale leadership, including shipments, revenue, depletions, points-of-distribution (PODs), accounts and distributor inventory.
• Partner with Sales to manage allocations across multiple departments and SKUs; communicate allocations to Sales Operations/Production timely.
• Support long-term planning processes by providing revenue inputs, including drivers and assumptions for various accounts and products.
• Assist with gross margin by SKU and location assessments to help drive pricing decisions; work with Senior Pricing Manager to understand pricing impacts.
• Track actual results versus planned initiatives; analyze proposed adjustments and track changes.
• Perform mix assessments to explain revenue drivers; provide commentary to support monthly P&L reporting.
• Perform ad hoc analytical projects as assigned.
Success Factors & Preferred Skills
• Ability to take large amounts of data and compile into easy to follow and understand deliverables.
• Extensive experience in trend analysis and forecasting.
• Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks and effectively communicate at all levels in the organization.
• Highly motivated, results oriented individual who excels in a dynamic environment.
• Is intellectually curious and continuously challenges the status quo in search of a better way.
• Has an entrepreneurial spirit, acts now, does it today.
• Is competitive, wants to succeed.
• Hands-on style, detail orientation and strong work ethic.
• Has a passion for the work and wants to have fun.
• Regular working schedule to include weekdays.
• If remote, may require quarterly travel to San Luis Obispo/Paso Robles.
• Sitting for long periods of time (8 hours per day).
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life.
The purpose of this summary is to describe the essential job functions and the level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. This description is not an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and assign other duties as necessary.
DAOU is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.