SUMMARY: Goldeneye has an opening for a tasting room Retail Assistant to help our Wine Specialists and Management deliver an exceptional customer experience. We are searching for an enthusiastic individual who can help multitask their way to success in our fast-paced environment. This detail-oriented role focuses on many behind-the-scenes tasks to prepare our tasting room for daily operations. The position is varied, ranging from bussing tables, food prep and general cleanliness to using customer service and hospitality skills. You will wear many hats! Wine knowledge not required but teamwork a must.
The estimated time frame for this seasonal position is November 2022 through December 31, 2022.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with the daily tasting room set-up
• Knowledge of food safety/handling or willingness to learn
• Food preparation to include slicing, plating/presentation and storage
• Bussing tables and maintain general cleanliness of Visitor Center to include kitchens and indoor/outdoor tasting areas
• Clean glassware, plates, etc.
• Set-up of private and VIP tastings
• Maintain “tax-paid” wine storage area
• Communicate low inventory levels to Hospitality Manager
• Unload and re-stock wine
• Recycle corrugated boxes and glass
• Responsible for re-stocking wine and non-wine inventory in the retail room with accuracy
• Assist Wine Specialists with packing wine sales and carrying wine to guest vehicles
• Assist Wine Specialists with the clean-up of the hospitality area at end of each day
• Assist with the maintenance of all on-site tasting facilities
• Assist with guest welcome, check-in and seating
• Minimum high-school diploma
• Good communication skills
• Ability to lift up to 42 lbs. repeatedly
• Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time
The Duckhorn Portfolio is North America’s premier luxury wine company, with ten renowned wineries, eight state-of-the-art winemaking facilities, seven beautiful tasting rooms and more than 800 coveted acres of vineyards spanning 22 sustainably farmed Estate properties. Established in 1976, when legendary vintners Dan and Margaret Duckhorn founded Napa Valley’s iconic Duckhorn Vineyards, today, our portfolio features some of North America’s most revered wineries, including Decoy, Paraduxx, Goldeneye, Migration, Canvasback, Calera, Kosta Browne, Greenwing and Postmark. Our 400+ uniquely passionate and well-tenured employees typically join us for our employee-centric culture and industry-leading benefits and stay for the dynamic colleagues, fast-paced environment, and career development. We offer a curated and comprehensive portfolio of acclaimed luxury wines with price points ranging from $20 to $200 across more than 15 varietals and 25 appellations. Our wines are available throughout the United States, on five continents, and in more than 50 countries around the world.