Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is a premium wine company that is proud to call the greater Seattle area our home. We are a collection of distinctive wine estates and maker of some of the finest wines in the world. As a result, our wines are a force for gatherings and conversations to serve the well-being of our consumers, our communities and our land. This approach has resulted in our ability to offer our consumers outstanding and distinctive wines from some of the best regions in the world.
We are currently seeking highly qualified candidates for a General Field Laborerto join our team in Sunnyside, WA. This job is represented by the UFW.
What you will do:
• Hand and pneumatic pruning.
• Tying, training, and suckering of grapevines.
• Thinning of plants.
• Utilizing hand shears.
• Hand picking of grapes into buckets or lugs.
• Leaf removal, weeding, harvest machine rider, planting, replanting, stake pounding, clipping wire.
• Occasional use of trellis tools.
• Monitor performance of equipment, and reporting it to supervisory staff should repair be needed.
• Remain alert at all times to any environmental conditions.
• Report any damage to vines, trellis, etc., incurred while operating equipment.
• Understanding and proper use of all personal protective equipment. Maintain PPE in good repair at all times and report any safety concerns.
• Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
What you will bring:
• Must possess the skills to perform field tasks such as tying & training of vines, pruning, harvest operations, suckering, trellis repair, etc.
• Able to work weekends or nights.
• Must be able to understand and follow verbal instructions.
• Must be able to understand and follow all safety procedures.
• Previous experience in AG related work, preferably vineyard operation.
• Ability to work and be exposed to extreme weather conditions.
• Ability to stand, bend, squat, and twist on uneven vineyard terrain
• Ability to bend, kneel and twist repetitively throughout work shift.
• Occasional lifting up to 40 pounds required.
• Occasional long term standing or walking on uneven ground during work shift.
• Repetitive wrist movement that encompasses squeezing, rotating and bending.
• Ability to have arm movement to encompass extension, raising and bending.
We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health insurance, participation in our 401k programs, and incentive compensation programs and relocation assistance packages for select roles.
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class. For more information, see the EEOC's "Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law" poster.