Jackson Family Wines is hiring a seasonal intern to begin in May 2022 in our Napa Valley Vineyards and follow the grapes into the cellar. We are looking for a motivated team member who is eager to expand on their knowledge of viticulture and winemaking operations. This is a great dual opportunity to gain vineyard and cellar experience
• Data collection for yield estimation
• Plant tissue and soil sampling
• Keeping phenology records
• Assist collecting maturity samples
• Assist with some day to day vineyard activities (Use of Pressure Chamber)
• Assist with data entry and analysis ( using Ag Code software)
• Assist with vineyard reporting
• Red fermentation management - pump overs, rack & returns.
• Additions - yeast, acid, nutrients, SO2 including calculations.
• The use of all cellar equipment (and most importantly) it's cleaning & sanitizing.
• Barrel work - filling, racking and topping.
• Assist the fruit receival and pressing teams.
• Knowledge of viticulture and related areas including plant and vine physiology.
• Knowledge of winemaking process.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
• Computer skills, MS Office and database applications.
• Detail oriented.
• Able to work outdoors in varying weather and terrain conditions.
Physical requirements and additional details:
• Able to work flexible and extended hours, which will include weekends.
• This position requires continuous walking, climbing, kneeling, crouching, and crawling throughout the shift. It requires the ability to reach with hands and arms, fine manipulation and to lift up to 50 pounds. It occasionally includes enclosed spaces, heights, and wearing a respirator.
• This candidate must possess a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
Candidate must successfully complete an application and post-offer pre-employment drug test.