Position Summary: Performs all routine cellar winemaking activities in accordance with standard operating procedures and safety policies to ensure maximum productivity and efficiently and the high quality of all wines produced.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs all work activities in the cellar, including but not limited to running all equipment such as pumps, filters, gassing devices, tank presses, forklifts and mixers.
• Carries out proper sanitation techniques for cleaning, sanitizing and storing all winery equipment as well as for the operational set-ups for all routine winery work such as wine and juice transfers, filtrations and preparations.
• Recognizes and reports off aromas in barrels and tanks.
• Carries out specialized functions in the cellar during harvest, including but not limited to, additions to fermenting barrels and tanks, work with ML cultures, and barrel filling and/or emptying.
• Properly and accurately completes work orders and other tracking documentation.
• Follows standard operating procedures in the performance of all cellar activities to ensure maximum productivity and wine quality objectives are achieved.
• Adheres to all safety policies and procedures, including but not limited to timely and accurate reporting of all work related injuries and illnesses to the supervisor, promoting safety awareness to co-workers, advising the supervisor of any unsafe acts and conditions, wearing required personal protective equipment and following confined space protocol where necessary.
• Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Perform basic math calculations to complete written work orders.
• Ability to work as a team with all winery employees.
• Ability to work flexible shifts including graveyard.
Physical Demands and Work Conditions:
• Working conditions in certain areas of the winery can be cold, wet, slipper and noisy.
• Rotating shifts, including graveyard and long hours may be required during grape harvest.
• Handling hazardous materials and frequent walking, including going up and down stairs and ladders, dragging wine hoses and bending are required.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• The physical requirements listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the key responsibilities/essential functions.
• Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.