Fetzer Vineyards is an award-winning purveyor of multi-origin wines and spirits, selling in over 50 countries worldwide. Part of global powerhouse Viña Concha y Toro, Fetzer Vineyards today remains driven by longstanding commitments to the environment and responsible business practices. With a focus on crafting wines made from sustainable, organic and Biodynamic® grapes, Fetzer Vineyards is a Top-12 U.S. marketer of wines and the United States’ largest Certified B Corporation winery—a testament to the company’s dedication to the transformational goals of regenerative business.
In addition to its flagship Fetzer label, the Fetzer Vineyards portfolio features Bonterra Organic Vineyards; 1000 Stories, California’s original Bourbon barrel-aged wine; Casillero del Diablo, the #1 Chilean wine brand (750ml) in the U.S.; and Trivento Reserve, the #3 selling Malbec in the U.S. The Origins Collection—an esteemed portfolio of super-premium to super-luxury offerings centered on terroir-driven wines from Chile, Argentina and the U.S.—showcases South American icons Don Melchor and Trivento Eolo Malbec, alongside Bonterra’s single-vineyard, biodynamically farmed wines.
The cellar supervisor will be responsible for supervising all cellar employees in cellar operations, including winery harvest activities as well as supervising routine and complex cellar and cleaning procedures and activities to ensure maximum productivity, efficiency and the high quality of all products produced. In addition, you will be responsible for regular and ongoing compliance and safety training and will manage all cellar personnel and logistic activities while meeting and exceeding wine and juice quality standards as directed by the winemaking staff.
Fetzer Vineyards is proud of the following successes and seeks like-minded individuals who are eager to contribute ideas and work for a company which values:
• (FSSC 22000) Certification
• Utilizing technology such as auto red fermenter, automated barrel machines and Scada monitoring system for monitoring of most equipment
• Team members with cellar expertise and tenure averaging 20 years
• Supervises and trains cellar workers in the performance of cellar and cleaning procedures, ensuring compliance with all operational policies and procedures
• Implements and ensures compliance with company mandated programs and procedures inclusive of, but not limited to, safety programs, performance programs, standard operating procedures and training program, inventory tracking and control, equipment inspection logs, accident/incident reports and basic budget compliance
• Facilitates and/or coordinates facility and equipment repairs and issues with the Maintenance Department
• Ensures adherence to all winery sanitation practices, inclusive of but not limited to, general cleanliness, operational and storage
• Identifies, researches, communicates and implements process improvement opportunities for operational efficiencies and product quality assurance
• Writes, revises and updates the standard operating procedures (SOPs) as new techniques and/or equipment are adopted/utilized
• Assures completion of daily reports and tracking logs, analyzing and recommending improvements based on the data
• Participates in Company and external educational opportunities to enhance job performance and knowledge
• Maintains knowledge and understanding of hazardous material and safety procedures assuring adherence by subordinate staff
• Ensures proper equipment use, maintenance, and storage for all cellar equipment and completes equipment-tracking logs
• Ensures all mandatory safety programs are up-to-date and ongoing, and staff is in compliance
• Operates within bulk cellar budgetary constraints
• Tracks and monitors employee headcount and makes recommendations for changes in required labor needs
• Ensures that adequate supplies, materials and equipment are on hand to support department functions and for adherence to supply/budget targets
• Maintains an accurate inventory of wine additives and cleaning chemicals in compliance with company policies
MANAGEMENT / LEADERSHIP
• Supervises all day-to-day cellar activities to ensure that proper winemaking SOPs, safety procedures and FSSC 22000 are followed
• Promotes teamwork among operations and all winery personnel
• Trains and develops cellar staff in winery operations, including production planning and continuous process improvement
• Serves as a resource and mentor to cellar staff in winery operations, leadership and management
• Provides leadership and guidance to management and employees to promote and ensure positive employee relations that maximize productivity and efficiency and are consistent with Fetzer Vineyards’ values
• Five plus years cellar production operations experience including large barrel and stainless cellars
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Proven supervisory experience
• Intermediate Word/Excel skills
• People skills that will assure the cellar team works together to accomplish the company’s goals
• Must have flexibility and willingness to work schedules required by cellar production demands
• Proven understanding of quality winemaking production practices
• Valid driver’s license; clean driving record
• Respirator certification, or the ability to be certified, required
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) communication skills, required
Fetzer Vineyards’ corporate office is located at 12901 Old River Rd Hopland, CA 95449.
Requires successful completion of criminal background, DMV check (if applicable) and drug screen. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V You will be required to submit verification of your citizenship or legal right to work in the United States at the time of an offer of employment.