MBWC Merchandiser Peninsula, Silicon Valley and South to Carmel
Want a great workout while getting paid? Don't get stuck behind a desk! Love to drive? Monterey Bay Wine Company is building an off-premise Merchandising Team!
Our Merchandisers play a pivotal role at Monterey Bay Wine Company. From sales to deliveries, the Merchandiser is the final stop in getting our wines into our customers’ hands. After the driver delivers the product to the store, the Merchandisers stock, rotate and merchandise our products so they are ready to sell. This position works closely with our sales team to provide exceptional customer service to assigned accounts. The Merchandising role is an entry-level position in the Wine industry which is the cornerstone to multiple career paths in an evolving category of business.
• Drive within assigned route (chains from SF Peninsula to Carmel and east to Fresno) to work product from store back stock or delivery loads; aiding sales reps in stocking, handling beverage cases, and working products the company represents.
• Provide excellent customer service to assigned accounts.
• Develop and maintain positive, cooperative and team-oriented relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers and others you encounter throughout your job.
• Fill cold boxes and shelves with appropriate merchandise, and rotate product on an ongoing basis.
• Maintain the back-stock area to allow for a safe and efficient work environment.
• Organize back stock to ensure accurate order writing for sales.
• Build displays in stores and maintain POS (point of sale) as necessary.
• Interact in direct communication with store personnel and salespeople.
• Work with our sales team members on a continual basis to train, support and evaluate needs.
• Demonstrate behaviors consistent with those of the Company’s Core Values at all times.
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: An Associate’s degree (A.A.) from an accredited two-year college in related field or equivalent experience.
• 2 to 3 years of sales experience in the beverage alcohol industry preferred.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: The role requires the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. This position requires the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. The role also requires the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. This role also requires the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL ABILITY: Ability to lift 40–50-pound boxes of wine.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must possess valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and clean DMV record.
• Previous grocery or retail experience.
• General knowledge of industry products.
• Ability to work independently while managing multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Effective organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external customers.
• Wine / Industry Knowledge to include basic understanding of distribution and wine varietals.
Monterey Bay Wine Company
Founded in 1980, Monterey Bay Wine Company is dedicated to offering handcrafted wines to discerning restaurants and retailers throughout California. The Company has grown exponentially from an initial three counties in Northern California to statewide coverage. In 1995, Vinvision Trucking & Storage was launched to support our customers with efficient storage and on-time deliveries. Our commitment to quality, of both product and representation continues to fuel our growth, representing family owned and operated wines.
MBWC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by federal or state law or local ordinance.