Wing & Barrel Ranch is a privately-owned sporting lifestyle club located on 1,000 acres in the heart of wine country in beautiful Sonoma, California about an hour from San Francisco. With the vision of its founders to create “the most incomparable, hospitality driven private hunting club in America,” Wing & Barrel Ranch offers its members a world class sporting clay course, upland bird hunting, and crafted culinary experiences. For more information, visit https://www.wingandbarrelranch.com/
The Retail and Pro Shop feature only the highest quality hunting and lifestyle gear to outfit members for a day in the field. The Retail Manager reports to the General Manager and is responsible for the efficient operations of Wing & Barrel retail shop. This role is often the first person that members encounter when they check-in at the club, providing a critical first impression of members and prospective members as they arrive at Wing & Barrel Ranch.
This is an exempt role and typical retail store hours are Wednesday through Sunday. Working hours outside of this schedule may be required on occasion.
* Greets members as they arrive at the clubhouse. Often, this is the first staff encounter when members arrive, so must be courteous and professional and welcoming.
* Assists Operations with helping members and guests get checked in and outfitted for their activities.
* Meets or exceeds sales goals while giving WBR members and guests a positive experience.
* Analyzes, reports and discusses purchasing recommendations, arrangement of merchandise and sales trends with management to meet or exceed goals.
* Manages the ordering and inventory of retail products.
* Checks in shipments and stocks shelves, tables, and counters with merchandise to WBR standards.
* Sets up advertising in conjunction with our marketing team, signs, and merchandise to promote sales.
* Creates, builds and manages relationships with vendors, distributors and sales representatives for in-store relationships as well as seeks relationships for additional trunk show vendors.
* Prepares for and facilitates weekly sales meetings and monthly product knowledge training meetings.
* Maintains orderly appearance of retail store and workspace as well surrounding areas, such as the gun cleaning room.
* Provides support for special events as needed.
* Great sales and customer service skills and follow-up
* Good communication skills
* Engages with members and staff effectively and productively
* Team player disposition
* Attention to detail and process
* Excellent problem-solving skills
* Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Quickly learns about new products and trends
* High School Diploma or GED
* 5+ years in retail sales and customer service
Computer Skills: Proficiency with Club Essentials, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook)