The Warehouse Lead ensures efficient day-to-day operation of the dry and finished goods warehouse by maintaining total warehouse organization and accountability of goods, serving customers, and providing support to management and other departments. Always maintaining a high level of confidentiality, strong work ethic, teamwork, and a positive attitude.
This position is full time with a sometime variable schedule; may require early mornings, weekends, periodic evenings, and/or periodic or seasonal overtime.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Adheres to all safety, food safety policies and GMP procedures, including but not limited to timely and accurate reporting of all work-related injuries and illnesses to the Department Supervisor, promoting safety awareness to co-workers, advising the Supervisor of any unsafe acts, conditions or behaviors, and wearing required personal protective equipment.
• Receive all incoming shipments and deliveries for entire facility.
• Maintain live warehouse inventory spreadsheets and assist purchasing with any requests
• Execute trucking schedule as planned by Production Manager
• Receive all incoming dry goods into Vintrace.
• Work with all departments (winemaking, bottling, retail) to ensure their deliveries are received and handed off, and their outgoing shipments are prepped and loaded.
• Assist Production manager with any requests and projects.
• Create BOL’s for outgoing trucks using Vintrace. Manage number of outgoing trucks needed daily, and communicate with Production Assistant and Production Manager.
• Check all packing slips against merchandise to confirm stock amounts, quality, and accuracy.
• Note any discrepancies or damage and notify supervisor/manager immediately.
• Prepare stock/loads for transport to consolidators.
• Load/unload trucks with outgoing wine or incoming glass accurately, safely, minding load limits.
• Assists with planning and scheduling meetings, workshops, and events.
• Oversee use and organization of warehouse and communicate supply flow with Bottling line manager.
• Manage Forklift charging units, keeping area clear, keep forklifts charged and perform daily safety check.
• Stage packaging supplies for bottling run and keep the line stocked.
• Upon completion of bottling line runs, complete the final walk-through recap with supervisor to record accurate counts of leftover backstock, remove to designated storage area, and remove all low fill or loose bottles of wine from bottling room.
• Assist in Employee Wine distribution and organization.
• Special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Work at satellite facilities when necessary.
• Maintain an orderly, clean, and safe warehouse. Ensuring forklift paths and truck bays are free of debris and hazards. Keeps warehouse clean during and after shift.
• High School Diploma
• Post-secondary education in business, computers or warehouse management is a plus, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Bilingual/Bicultural – preferred fluent in both English and Spanish (Read, Write, Speak).
• At least 3 years of warehouse experience preferred
• Forklift Certified preferred
• Grape farming and wine industry experience preferred.
• Strong numerical skills – 10-key by touch.
• Strong data entry skills – at least 45 wpm.
• Proficiency in the use of computer programs for:
- Word Processing
• Proficiency in the use of office equipment:
- Desktop computer, laptop, tablet.
- Voice messaging system and 2 way radio.
- Fax, copy machine, scanner, labeler.
• Detail oriented and well organized.
• Hospitality: Is gracious and helpful to all guests, visitors, community members. Welcomes them warmly and handles difficult interpersonal conflict calmly and professionally.
• Interpersonal Skills: Focuses on problem-solving; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and flexible.
• Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings and company events.
• Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
• Ethics: Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires trust of others; works with integrity; upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures; supports organization’s goals and values.
• Planning & Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
• Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
• Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time. Reliability is important to this position.
• Dependability: Follows instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks thoroughly on time or notifies appropriate person with alternate plan. Always triple checks work.
• Initiative: Undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; looks for and t