Wine Business Monthly (WBM), a Sonoma-based publisher and producer of a business-to-business magazine, websites and conferences, has an opening in its sales department. As the leading provider of quality information to the wine industry on production techniques and tools, WBM works with a variety of industry suppliers to present their products and services to wineries throughout North America. This position will sell magazine advertising, website ad space and conference sponsorships to existing clients and prospects.
While a successful track record in selling business to business media is desirable, we will consider and train exceptional candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Fundamental requirements include
- superior interpersonal skills
- the ability to set and achieve demanding goals
- high integrity
- a can-do attitude in developing effective advertising and marketing strategies for our clients.
- Build relationships with clients, advertising agencies and new prospects
- Generate revenue from a defined list of advertising agencies and their clients
- Develop new relations and onboard new accounts
- Create integrated, lasting media programs that deliver results for clients
- Sell ad inventory within newly launched products
- Attend various tradeshow and wine industry conferences with occasional overnight travel
- Produce well-presented proposals and correspondence
- Use Salesforce to maintain updated status of accounts
- Proven track record of accomplishment in a sales environment
- Pre-existing relationships in the wine industry a plus
- Must have the ability to communicate and connect with both junior- and senior-level media buyers
- Excellent telephone communications skills
- Ability to achieve high volume sales calls
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Applicants should be ready to demonstrate they have strong organizational skills, a history of self-motivation and successful work habits. Experience in media inside sales and working knowledge of Salesforce are positives.