Work with Winemaker in grape and wine processing and finishing operations for an established winery of 20 years in Paso Robles, Ca. Assist in the direction of harvest, crushing, fermentation, blending, finishing and storage of all products produced. This may include some or all, of the following: special winemaking projects, inventory management, S02 review, topping, some lab work required, sanitation, monitoring the wines, barrels and other assignments.
• Assist with tracking and maintaining wine quality.
• Assist in the development of blend specification.
• Ensure that all wines sent to be bottled are “bottle ready” fitting lab analysis, tasting and standards. Assist with research projects, specialized wine programs and other projects as needed.
• Maintain vineyard responsibilities, supervise crew, and monitor irrigation.
• Responsible for maintaining the highest standards of procedures throughout the cellar.
• Harvest experience necessary from vineyard, storage, processing and bottling.
• 3-5 year’s winery experience
• Fluency in Spanish desirable
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 55 lbs. and perform normal winery operations from moving barrels to racks and lifting case goods. Experience in all cellar and crush pad equipment.
• Must have a valid CA driver's license and ability to work a forklift
• Must be able to work long hours, weekends, and holidays, especially during harvest season
• Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
Compensation: Competitive salary includes housing on vineyard.