Jarvis Estate is a family owned winery in Napa that is highly focused on producing exceptional wines, and we are looking for an experienced Accounting Associate to join our team. This position is responsible for providing high quality and timely support to the General Manager, Director of Finance Operations and management team. This position reports to the Director of Finance and performs daily, monthly, and annual reporting that requires exceptional time management, accuracy, and attention to detail. The accounting areas for this position may include, but are not limited to: Compliance, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Purchasing, Reconciliation of Supplier accounts, and Labor Allocation.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or similar field, or equivalent experience
• 2-4 years accounting and compliance experience
• Strong analytical skills, problem resolution, and a good understanding of accounting functions in accordance with GAAP.
• Excellent planning, organizational, and project management skills
• Sharp attention to detail with excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Focused individual with strong planning, multi-tasking and organizational skills
• Able to work in a team environment as well as operate independently
• Ability to work with confidential information
• High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word
• Public accounting and wine industry experience
• Experience with Navision, JET Reporting, RMS POS Software, E-cellar
• California Notary Public
• Fluency in Spanish is a plus but not required
• Salary is competitive and will be determined on an individual basis.
• Benefits include Kaiser medical, Best Life dental, two weeks paid time off, and 401k Plan.