Perform various computer systems administration and support tasks, including analyzing, constructing, documenting, testing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and supporting PC, and Apple hardware, operating systems, software applications, peripherals, and communication devices for the entire organization. Performs a variety of project tasks and requires good communications skills to work with users diplomatically and skillfully. May interact with engineers (e.g., Network, System, NetSuite, etc.) and or applications development to restore service or identify and correct core problems. Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties and recommends systems modifications to reduce user incidents. Performs more complex operations and support activities such as maintaining and updating knowledge base articles and performing patching, upgrades and software installs with elevated profile rights.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
• Ability to network/distribute computing concepts and client/server programming
• Ability to perform hardware and software installations
• Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
• Ability to assign appropriate priorities to work assignments based upon situational pressures
• Ability to be creative, technology-savvy, and a team player/leader with exceptional organizational skills
• Ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge and application of IT change, release, problem, incident and continuity management processes
• Ability to demonstrate strong analytical, problem solving and multi-tasking skills
• Ability to exercise limited judgmental flexibility when presented with business situations with the IT Help Desk staff whereby a standardized response will not suffice
• Ability to exhibit personal initiative to remain informed of changes and updates to operational procedures as they occur.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work priorities
• Ability to respond promptly and accurately to IT Help Desk requests for information and assistance
• Ability to view impact and necessity of work performed to the total business environment.
• Ability to work with others, takes time to help co-workers achieve their objectives and goals when input is needed from different areas in order for timelines to be met.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Advanced principles of internal system maintenance
• Database telecommunications design
• Scripting knowledge for automated deployments of technologies
• Imaging knowledge for system-wide standardization
• Structured programming practices and techniques
• Programming and computer operation documentation
• Cloud-based solutions /programs/ back up
• Proactive and self-directed, team player mindset
• Solid knowledge in Microsoft applications and environments
• Solid knowledge in Windows Server
• Solid knowledge in Windows Active Directory
• Basic knowledge in TCP/IP and non TCP/IP protocols
• Basic knowledge with MLPP and MPLS protocols for WAN
• Basic knowledge in PRI and telecommunications
• Basic knowledge with Firewalls, authentication systems and applying cryptography
• Basic knowledge Manage Engine software
• Basic knowledge Mac OS software
• Basic knowledge of AZURE platform.
• Basic knowledge with installation and maintenance of network cabling
• BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired or minimum five year IT experience.
• Outstanding documentation and communication skills, including process mapping and gathering both business and technical requirements
• Proactive and Self-directed, team player mindset is a must
• Work is performed while standing, sitting, and/or walking
• Requires ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision, and hearing
• Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations
• Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, and reaching
• Requires ability to lift, carry, push or pull light weights, up to 30 pounds