Elizabeth Spencer Winery is located in the heart of Napa Valley in Rutherford, just off highway 29. Built on the importance of strong relationships, starting with the dynamic personal and professional bond of co-founders Elizabeth Pressler and Spencer Graham, the connection extends to their network of growers, talented team of employees, valued wine club members and direct customers.
The belief of Elizabeth Spencer Winery is that wine should be delicious and representative of its appellation of origin. We make wines to drink – inviting wines that we, our friends and our customers truly enjoy. Our wines are made to be accessible in their youth, display ample fruit and to be well-balanced from the first taste through to a lingering finish.
The Warehouse Manager verifies and maintains records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing job duties to quality and productivity standards. This includes developing mailing labels and preparing shipping items, ensuring that all orders have been filled correctly, and unpacking and organization of shipment deliveries. In addition, the Warehouse manager oversees the plant and property maintenance and upkeep. The position reports to the General Manager, and has three part-time direct reports.
We are in search of a highly motivated individual whom is passionate about organization and is excited about growth and opportunity.
• Manages the shipment of goods purchased through online orders, collaborates with brand managers to ensure shipping expectations are completed as specified.
• Responsible for making arrangements for pick up by the carrier specified on the customer’s purchase order.
• Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
• Performs all computer functions necessary to track various aspects of goods and shipments.
• Unpacks, examines and routes incoming shipments for proper storage, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages. Receives and processes all defective items returned for replacement or credit.
• Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to supervisor.
• Follows proper wine storage practices.
• Maintains a positive attitude during high stress situations. Shows respect for others.
• Works well with others; is proactive in finding ways to support colleagues.
• Is able to adapt to new directions as they change based on business needs & priorities.
• Maintains a clean and well sanitized warehouse. Keeps floors, counters and equipment clean during and after the shift.
• Oversees all plant and property maintenance and upkeep, as directed by the General Manager and or owners.
• Comply with all company safety policies, practices, and procedures. Participate in safety training and report all unsafe conditions or work practices.
• Participate in team efforts and perform additional duties as needed.
Language: Ability to speak and understand basic English required for all positions.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as memos, instructions, policies and manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to present information effectively to groups of employees, and participate in one-on-one and small group situations. Excellent communications skills and a positive attitude are a plus.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately, using standard American units of currency, weight, volume, and/or distance. Ability to recognize and correct inaccuracies when using calculator or computer spreadsheet.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to a variety of tasks and duties. Ability to adapt to minor changes in routine, solve basic problems, and work with moderate supervision. A self-starter with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• Possess competent computer skills which can include e-mail, internet, word processing, spreadsheet and basic database activity.
Education, Experience, Certificates, Licenses:
• Associate’s Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a 2-year college or technical school; or 2-4 years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Current, valid Driver’s License, insurable driving record, and proof of current automobile insurance required.
• Fork Lift certified.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
• Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Indoor/Outdoors. Moderate noise levels typical of Warehouse space: equipment, forklifts, sound system, and trucking.
Schedule and Travel Requirements
• This position is FT with a sometime variable schedule; may require weekends, periodic evenings, and/or periodic or seasonal overtime.