The District Manager is responsible for managing all on/off premise activities and programming within his/her designated accounts & distributors to ensure maximum market penetration, brand awareness and sell-through. He/she will ensure our programing is executed through the distributor sales force in accordance with the business plan and nationally agreed upon promotions. This position is responsible for managing all sales within an assigned territory in order to continue to grow TWG’s portfolio of prestigious brands and the DM is expected to understand and embrace the Terlato family philosophy, passion and company culture. Territory is state of New Jersey. Must live in the area.
Responsible for achieving depletion and distribution goals in assigned geographic territory for Wine, Spirits and Water by managing accounts and distributor relationships.
• Distributor Management
o Managing territory performance/scorecard attainment through distributor execution.
o Leading field-level execution of wine and spirits national programs (Quality First, Club Terlato, Etc.)
o Conducting market work with key distributor salespeople and educating teams on Terlato priorities
o Conducting brand education and general sales meetings with assigned teams
o Communicating monthly priorities, incentives, quotas, and price promotions to assigned teams
o Assisting Region Managers in the development of local programs, incentives, and blitzes
o Supporting Region Managers in oversight of inventory, allocations, point-of-sale, and coupons
o Survey Preparation- sales team communication, direction, routes, recaps
• Account Development/Market Work
o Managing relationships and oversight of top 50 on and off-premise accounts
o Leading account calls for key regional on and off-premise customers
o Presenting Terlato innovation, managing priority brand distribution, ensuring maximum shelf position and building PODs/Volume annually
o Identify core accounts that would be Image brand targets to develop a Terlato relationship
o Ensure the distributor has good follow up with these accounts
o Maintains in-depth knowledge of Independent Accounts and happenings in the general market
o Problem Solving: uses strong market knowledge to head-off issues before they arise and comes with solutions for issues that do arise.
o Supplier Relations – Producer Visits: leads the creation and execution of results-oriented Producer Visits in the market per Terlato guidelines
o Knowledge of competition (e.g. supplier alignments in all distributors in the market, new product launches, account activities)
o Keeps abreast of new competitive developments and provides feedback to Sales and Marketing teams.
o Monitors and evaluates the various performance indicators and identifies opportunities to further leverage the Terlato brands within the overall market.
o Completes accurate and timely reports daily.
o Proactively communicates information with customers, distributors and colleagues.
o Operates within assigned budgetary parameters.
• Reports to Regional Manager
• Execution: Ability to establish priorities and meet or exceed all sales goals.
• Results Oriented: Strong work ethic and drive for success.
• Judgment: Makes sound business decisions, in a timely, quality manner.
• Creativity: Inspires creative thought and “out of the box” ideas that grow the territory’s business.
• Budget Management and Resource Utilization: Conscientious and efficient budget management. Maximizes company profitability and resources in the most effective manner.
• Leadership: Effectiveness in inspiring TWI to perform at maximum capability.
• Sales ability: Effectiveness in inspiring customers to purchase our products.
• Teamwork: Ability to work and communicate productively with colleagues and Sales Management.
• Organization: adept at successfully managing many long-term and short-term projects at once
• Vision: can see and execute against the long view for attaining brand growth
• 3+ years of experience in the wine/spirits industry
• Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
• Valid driver’s license
*Must provide proof of full Covid vaccination
Personal Skills and Qualities
• Strong business acumen
• Technology Skills: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
• Commitment to Customers and Suppliers
• Competitive Urgency
• Demonstrated initiative and ability to self-direct projects
• History of delivering high quality work on short deadlines
• Ability to identify and communicate relevant and compelling brand benefits and traits
• Pursuit of Excellence
• Results oriented
• Control of the facts of one’s business
• Positive attitude and approach to others
• Accountability and Trust
• Excellent oral and written communication and persuasion skills
• Ability to sell concepts and ideas
• Ability to forge strong relationships
• Adaptability, flexibility, creativity and problem-solving skills
• Concise, articulate and productive communication style
• Self-motivation with the ability to manage competing priorities
• Passion for Work and Terlato Wines