About Boisset Collection: Founded 1961 in the heart of Burgundy, France, Jean-Claude and Claudine Boisset began establishing their family collection of historic and unique wineries. The Boisset Collection binds the old and new worlds of wine with its authentic Franco-American spirit to create terroir-driven wines by harmonizing the past, the future, the land, and the people.
Boisset Collection features JCB, De Loach, Buena Vista, and Raymond with more than twenty-five prestigious wineries and brands. Paramount locals in France and the United States, Boisset Collection is one of the world's leading family-owned luxury fine wine companies.
About Oakville Grocery: A wine country institution, Calistoga Depot Provisions resides at the site of the second oldest train station in California. It is an authentic destination for discovering food and provisions of the highest quality. Continuing Boisset Collection's legacy of marrying the old world and new, preserving authentic spirit and providing an inclusive & enticing
destination for all.
Position Summary: The Calistoga Depot Provisions Culinary Lead will oversee prepared food execution for the Calistoga Depot Provisions store in Calistoga, CA. The Culinary Lead should be a passionate about artisan, gourmet culinary products and will ensure the team is performing all functions necessary to the daily operation, including managing inventory control, pricing integrity, maintenance of store and storage area, ordering product and supplies, responsible for the appearance as well as, upselling implementing merchandising initiatives that promotes sales while meeting excellent guest service and maximizing profitability. The wide variety of duties involved requires flexibility, organization, and strong public relations skills.
The Culinary Lead promotes the style, ideals, mission, and vision of the Calistoga Depot Provisions brand through attitude and demeanor and shares his/her passion and knowledge for gourmet items with guests.
Oakville Grocery Brand
• Lead mission and values and integration of Calistoga Depot Provisions into Boisset Collection.
• Deliver excellent guest experiences that creates long term brand loyalty.
• Maintain a keen knowledge of, and passion for, high-end gourmet products; using existing contacts and merchants to source such products with support from the Boisset Collection team.
• Develop, implement, and execute a menu offering that achieves core values of utilizing all nature, organic (wherever possible), bio-dynamic (wherever possible) and local ingredients.
• Develop and maintain creative, delicious, and healthy prepared foods at all times.
• Develop methods and systems for education on new and existing products and ingredients to ensure a well-trained prepared foods staff that can articulate concisely and accurately with customers.
• Work closely with catering team to develop and execute the optimal menu offering for clients and to ensure we get and keep more and more catering customers.
• Ensure that all new and existing recipes are properly costed. Ensure that the Core 10 items remain in stock, that we always have a minimum of 2 seasonal dishes and 4 rotational dishes. Create schedule and implement.
• Improve FOH operations by implementing Speed of Service (SOS) metrics, developing proper deployment plans, and spending no less than 30% of the time in front working with internal and external customers.
• Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of and ensure compliance with relevant regulatory rules and regulations.
• Ensure teams follow and comply with established procedures, health, and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices. Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
• Maintain open communication with all the staff regarding company policies, goals, procedures, events etc. Schedule and conduct regular team meetings, seminars, and other events to enhance communication and teamwork.
• Provide leadership that promotes and exemplifies a passion for food and outstanding customer experiences.
• Manage and maintain proper time and attendance in WorkforceNow.ADP and ensure team takes requirement meal and rest breaks.
• Comply with all company safety policies, practices, and procedures. Participate in safety training and report all unsafe conditions or work practices.
• Participate in team efforts and perform additional duties as needed.
Education, Experience, Certificates, Licenses:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a 4-year college or university; or 12-24 months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Current, valid Driver’s License, insurable driving record, and proof of current automobile insurance required.
• Previous retail or restaurant experience a plus.
Boisset Collection is an equal opportunity employer.