About Boisset Collection: Founded 1961 in the heart of Burgundy, France, Jean-Claude and Claudine Boisset began establishing their family collection of historic and unique wineries. The Boisset Collection binds the old and new worlds of wine with its authentic Franco-American spirit to create terroir-driven wines by harmonizing the past, the future, the land, and the people.
Boisset Collection features JCB, De Loach, Buena Vista, and Raymond with more than twenty-five prestigious wineries and brands. Paramount locals in France and the United States, Boisset Collection is one of the world's leading family-owned luxury fine wine companies.
About Oakville Grocery: A wine country institution since 1881, Oakville Grocery is not just the oldest continuously operating grocery store in California. It is an authentic destination for discovering food and provisions of the highest quality.
Our flagship Yountville location is nestled amongst a landscape of wildflowers and grapevines, rolling hills, and some of the most revered wineries and restaurants in the country, in the heart of Napa Valley. This idyllic locale is now a vibrant gathering place for locals and visitors, wine drinkers and vintners, hungry neighbors, and culinary connoisseurs.
Position Summary: The Oakville Grocery Assistant Store Manager reports to and assists the Store Manager and General Manager (GM) with overall operations and P&L responsibilities of the Yountville location. The Assistant Store Manager should be a passionate about artisan, gourmet culinary products. This role will ensure the team is performing all functions necessary to the daily operation, including managing inventory control, pricing integrity, maintenance of store and storage area, ordering product and supplies, responsible for the appearance as well as, upselling implementing merchandising initiatives that promotes sales while meeting excellent guest service and maximizing profitability. The wide variety of duties involved requires flexibility, organization, and strong public relation skills.
The Assistant Store Manager promotes the style, ideals, mission, and vision of the Oakville Grocery brand through attitude and demeanor and shares a passion and knowledge for gourmet items with team members and guests.
Oakville Grocery Brand
• Lead mission and values and integration of Oakville Grocery (Napa Valley) into the Boisset Collection.
• Deliver excellent guest experiences that creates a long-term brand loyalty.
• Keen knowledge of, and passion for, high-end gourmet products; using existing contacts and merchants to source such products with support from the Boisset Collection team.
• Develop understanding of Oakville grocery history; storytelling to engage guests and team members.
• Partner with Store Manager and team to maintain creative store layouts and product merchandising, including wine, to achieve the highest quality sales promotion programs that attract customers.
• Analyze profit and loss statements and recommend improvements to meet the goal; work with Store Manager and team to implement solutions based on suggested improvements.
• Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of and ensure compliance with relevant regulations.
• Ensure teams and guests follow and comply with established procedures, health, and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices. Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
• Help Store Manager coordinate with HR for hiring needs. Support recruitment as needed including developing job descriptions, requesting job postings, monitoring incoming candidates, setting up interviews and facilitating offers & onboarding.
• Execute Performance Management plans to drive team member performance.
• Reduce or maintain annual turnover for Napa Valley location; deliver annual review process
• Maintain open communication with all the staff regarding company policies, goals, procedures, events etc. Schedule and conduct regular team meetings, seminars, and other events to enhance communication and teamwork.
• Provide leadership that promotes and exemplifies a passion for food and wine.
• Manage and maintain proper time and attendance in WorkforceNow.ADP and ensure team takes requirement meal and rest breaks.
Education, Experience, Certificates, Licenses:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a 4-year college or university; or 12-24 months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Current, valid Driver’s License, insurable driving record, and proof of current automobile insurance required.
• Previous retail or restaurant experience a plus.
Boisset Collection is an equal opportunity employer.