The Wine Club & Shipping Coordinator at Eola Hills Wine Cellars is responsible for building the Eola Hills Wine Club, increasing club membership, retention, and wine club sales year-to-year. In overseeing our in-house shipping fulfillment, this person will monitor shipping orders and ensure the timely, accurate and secure delivery of all orders.
Eola Hills Wine Cellars is made up of an agile, energetic group of team players who love our craft and what we do. Please review the roles below for a general guideline of what we are looking for in the Wine Club & Shipping Coordinator position to determine if your skills and experience are a good fit. Please submit your resume and any other accompanying documents.
- Oversees day-to-day operations for the Wine Club.
- Helps plan and execute the restructuring of Eola Hills’ Wine Clubs for 2022.
- Maintains general database through regularly updating account information, cancellation requests and shipping inquiries.
- Greets and assists with wine club visitors or new wine club sign-ups to create positive associations and build relationships.
- Plans and executes all Wine Club events.
- Represents the company at outside events as needed.
- Builds and maintains membership relationships through regular work in the tasting room.
- Works with Marketing to create club-specific promotions and outreach.
- Trains tasting room staff on Wine Club matters (best practices for increasing signups, entering/editing customer info, responding to requests).
- Works with Winemaker to select Wine Club shipments and work with Marketing to develop related promotional collateral.
- Provides white-glove service at every customer touchpoint, from oral and written communication to all telephone and email inquiries, requests, or complaints from Wine Club members.
- Manages DTC order shipments and troubleshoots shipping issues while communicating with customers.
- Ensures the timely input of all shipping orders with follow through on the shipment by phone, fax and/or email.
- Proactively identifies and resolves customer issues with thorough research and follow-through.
- Maintains a thorough shipping log with printed orders and tracking information.
- Communicate with Hospitality Manager and tasting room staff to ensure all parties are informed of the status of packages.
- Keep shipping areas stocked, organized and cleaned.
60% Admin/40% Hospitality
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Must have at least 2 years of wine club management experience.
- Must be a team player, a collaborator, and work well with others.
- Must be highly organized with attention to detail and keen decision-making, problem-solving and multi-tasking capabilities. You are self-motivated and quick to respond or address questions. You are able to work with the public and quickly and smoothly solve problems that arise. You are able to deal with people who are under the influence of alcohol with strength and poise.
- Strong computer skills; high proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook. WineDirect (or other POS) and Tock (reservation software) experience preferred.
- Must have strong verbal communication skills with ability to speak comfortably over the phone and in front of large groups of people in a friendly and engaging manner.
- You are professional, articulate, friendly, patient and wired for service, storytelling and sharing your wine knowledge.
- First-hand knowledge, appreciation and passion of wine and wine-related topics.
- Must possess valid driver’s license, OLCC license, and food handler’s permit.
- Perform other duties as assigned and/or required. It is a dynamic environment, and the right candidate will be able to fluctuate between tasks quickly and nimbly.
Candidates must be at least 21 years of age, be able to stand and sit for extended periods of time and be able to lift and carry 40 pounds on a regular basis. Schedule may include occasional weekends, special events, and holidays.
This is a full-time position. We offer a competitive compensation package at above market standards that is commensurate with experience. As a full-time employee, you will receive health insurance (Medical, Dental and Vision) after a probationary period, paid time off, and employee discount. Additional benefits will be presented and are earned through longevity and ability to fulfill responsibilities and achieve goals. As a heritage Oregon winery, we are committed to investing in our people. We want to encourage personal and professional growth and hope to craft a team of brand ambassadors who are passionate about our vision and future in the Oregon wine industry.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Based On Experience