RUSACK Vineyards is a boutique winery and vineyard nestled among the oak-studded rolling hills of Ballard Canyon. Our mission is to create world-class, handcrafted wines that reflect our commitment to excellence and our love for this region. An exceptional, luxurious guest experience is second only to the quality of our wines. We are currently seeking an individual experienced in hospitality staff management, with a keen eye to detail, and a strong desire to create the best possible customer experience.
The Hospitality Manager is a key member of the hospitality team and will be working closely with senior management, guests, and hosting staff. Exemplary communication skills, a professional demeanor, and a high level of customer service are required to ensure that all guests receive an experience that is enjoyable and consistent with the Company's vision. The position will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the guest experience when the Hospitality Director is not present. The ideal candidate must be systems savvy, detailed oriented, able to manage multiple competing priorities, and motivate others in a team environment.
Essential Duties, Including But Not Limited To:
- Greets every guest with a warm and gracious welcome, creating an excellent first impression.
- Assists in responding to winery reservation requests and emails in a timely and professional manner.
- Assists with organizing and managing the reservation database and works collaboratively with winery management to organize and manage the daily guest flow.
- Distributes daily appointment schedules and manages host staff.
- Engages with guests to ascertain information to personalize their experience; who referred them, where are they staying, are they local, etc.
- Assists guests with recommendations/reservations for hotels, restaurants, spas, and other wineries.
- Assists in opening and closing procedures (bottle counts, tabulating ‘pour’ wines, closing registers, etc.).
- Assist in planning monthly events.
- Maintains COVID safety protocols for all areas.
- Continuously monitors the general appearance of the hospitality areas throughout the day.
- Builds and maintains relationships with others in the wine industry for referrals to the winery for tours, reservations, and Wine Club memberships.
- Coordinates the purchasing, inventory, and maintenance of tasting room supplies, non-wine merchandise, and wine inventory with the Hospitality Director.
- Assists Director in compiling reports to analyze daily, monthly, and annual sales metrics.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- 2+ years of full-time employment in a winery and/or another hospitality environment with management experience.
- Deep understanding of hospitality and love of providing an exceptional guest experience.
- Proven track record of managing day-to-day operations, special events, and administrative tasks in the winery and/or other hospitality environments.
- Technology savvy with requisite computer skills including reservation, email marketing, and CRM platforms
- Must possess excellent written, oral communication, and presentation skills, fluent in English, both verbal and written; spoken Spanish helpful.
- Strong organizational, teambuilding, problem-solving skills, attention to detail, with ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Available to work weekends, evenings, and holidays, as needed.
- Working environment has exposure to both indoors and outdoors and associated noise levels.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the performance of various tasks in the beverage service environment.
- Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time, traveling up and down steps, and traversing across grass and graveled guest seating areas while carrying a
- Must perform physically strenuous tasks including lifting heavy objects (up to 50 pounds).
- Typical winery chemical exposure and conditions.