The Business Analyst (BA) acts on own initiative or in coordination with a Business Relationship Manager (BRM) as the connection between the business units and the IS department to provide the most effective soltuions for information and business process needs that align with the overall corporate strategies. This includes establishing business objectives and system alignment, maintaining strategies and providing roadmaps for each business process and capability.
• Conducts research to determine if solutions to business requirements currently exist within or outside the business unit, and if not, whether new solutions are feasible. Includes impact analysis of proposed solutions across the business.
• Assists with or facilitates requirements definition with business partners to drive to consensus for a desired future state.
• Leads or participates in the translation and documentation of business requirements and systems solutions into functional and/or technical requirements to share a vision of project success with an internal or external solution provider.
• Assists BRM's in project management or assumes role as project leader as needed.
• Participates in or leads system and end-user unit acceptance testing.
• Identifies, troubleshoots and provides IS related issue resolutions in respective business units and associated information systems.
• Assists with data governance and validation activities, and report definition and development
• Participates in the system configuration of respective systems.
• Furthers professional capabilities via publications, industry seminars and networking with other professionals.
• Transfers knowledge to the Support Desk team for completed projects so that they can provide continuing system service.
• Provides second level operational support for the Support Desk team.
• Supports business driven non-project based department and corporate initiatives.
• Adheres to standards for procedures and documentation. Also participates in furthering department standards.
• Understands system interdepencies and collaborates with project teams accordingly.
• Responsible for maintaining documentation of developed systems and proposed projects when applicable.
• *Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
Bachelor degree in Information Technology or equivalent professional experience. Minimum of 3 years project exposure and information systems related experience with specialization in one or more of these areas: Human Resources, Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain, Sales, Marketing and Wine Production. Experience in a winery or other consumer packaged goods environment is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Leadership, communication, analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills. Ability to assess and document benefits to be derived from information solutions. System application knowledge to support the respective business units.
Certificates and Licenses
PMP or CAPM certification is a plus.
• Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
• Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
• Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
• Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.