POSITION SUMMARY: Under general supervision, performs all record keeping functions as they relate to bulk wine inventory and production. Liaison between Winemaking/Cellar and Accounting/Compliance Departments.
• Maintain accurate bulk wine processing, inventory and compliance records required by federal and state agencies.
• Input and review all daily work orders provided by Cellar. Communicate system needs for work order entry and guidance to cellar staff.
• Close and balance inventory records monthly.
• Work with scale house during harvest to insure weight tags are accurate and complete. Work to resolve differences.
• Maintain accurate records for “custom” bulk wine storage customers.
• Ensure integrity of bulk wine records for receiving/depletion; audit varietal/vintage percentages for accuracy.
• May be required to generate special reports in relation to harvest yields, cellar activity, and the like.
• Preserve changes in varietal, vintage and appellation tree as directed.
• Coordinate and document bulk wine shipments. Prepare Bill of Lading for bulk wine shipments.
• Verify bottling reports. Resolve discrepancies, if any, with assistance from Bottling and/or Laboratory.
• Maintain records of all source documents for financial and government audit purposes.
• Write, and keep current, procedural documentation relating to bulk wine record keeping and other topics as assigned.
• Manage receipt and disposal of all wine storage containers including barrels, portable tanks, kegs and totes, including managing annual physical inventory and its records.
• In compliance with FDA, receive winemaking input and processing aid lot numbers into AMS for tracking and recall.
• Work with Accounting Department, providing them with shipping/receiving and inventory movement information.
• All other related tasks/projects as required or requested.
• High school diploma or GED
• Requires 4 to 6 years of directly related experience; experience with winery/cellar operations a must
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook; 10-key by touch
• Requires considerable judgment and independent analysis
• Familiar with AMS (Advanced Management Systems software) highly desired
• Ability to work a flexible schedule during harvest season
Post offer, pre-employment drug screen required.