About Boisset Collection: Founded 1961 in the heart of Burgundy, France, Jean-Claude and Claudine Boisset began establishing their family collection of historic and unique wineries. The Boisset Collection binds the old and new worlds of wine with its authentic Franco-American spirit to create terroir-driven wines by harmonizing the past, the future, the land, and the people.
Boisset Collection features JCB, DeLoach, Buena Vista, and Raymond with more than twenty-five prestigious wineries and brands. Paramount locals in France and the United States, Boisset Collection is one of the world's leading family-owned luxury fine wine companies.
About Calistoga Depot Provisions: A wine country institution, Calistoga Depot Provisions resides at the site of the second oldest train station in California. It is an authentic destination for discovering food and provisions of the highest quality. Continuing Boisset Collection's legacy of marrying the old world and new, preserving authentic spirit and providing an inclusive & enticing destination for all.
Position Summary: Calistoga Depot Provisions Store Manager reports to and assists the General Manager (GM) with overall operations and P&L responsibilities of the Calistoga location. The Store Manager should be passionate about artisan, gourmet culinary products. This role will ensure the team is performing all functions necessary to the daily operation, including managing inventory control, pricing integrity, maintenance of store and storage area, ordering product and supplies, responsible for the appearance as well as, upselling implementing merchandising initiatives that promote sales while meeting excellent guest service and maximizing profitability. The wide variety of duties involved requires flexibility, organization, and strong public relations skills.
The Store Manager promotes the style, ideals, mission, and vision of the Calistoga Depot Provisions brand through attitude and demeanor and shares a passion and knowledge for gourmet items with team members and guests.
Calistoga Depot Provisions Brand
• Lead mission and values and integration of Calistoga Depot Brand into the Boisset Collection.
• Deliver excellent guest experiences that creates a long-term brand loyalty.
• Keen knowledge of, and passion for, high-end gourmet products; using existing contacts and merchants to source such products with support from the Boisset Collection team.
• Develop understanding of Calistoga Depot Provisions history; storytelling to engage guests and team members.
• Partner with GM and team to maintain creative store layouts and product merchandising, including wine, to achieve the highest quality sales promotion programs that attract customers.
• Analyze profit and loss statements and recommend improvements to meet the goal; work with GM and team to implement solutions based on suggested improvements.
• Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of and ensure compliance with relevant regulations.
• Ensure teams and guests follow and comply with established procedures, health, and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices. Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
• Help General Manager coordinating with HR for hiring needs. Support recruitment as needed including developing job descriptions, requesting job postings, monitoring incoming candidates, setting up interviews and facilitating offers & onboarding.
• Execute Performance Management plans to drive team member performance.
• Reduce or maintain annual turnover for Calistoga location; deliver annual review process
• Maintain open communication with all the staff regarding company policies, goals, procedures, events etc. Schedule and conduct regular team meetings, seminars, and other events to enhance communication and teamwork.
• Provide leadership that promotes and exemplifies a passion for food and wine.
• Manage and maintain proper time and attendance in WorkforceNow.ADP and ensure team takes requirement meal and rest breaks.
• Comply with all company safety policies, practices, and procedures. Participate in safety training and report all unsafe conditions or work practices.
• Participate in team efforts and perform additional duties as needed.
Language: A basic English comprehension and speech requirement exists for all accounts payable.
• Read and interpret documents such as memos, instructions, policies, and manuals.
• Write routine reports and correspondence.
• Present information effectively to groups of customers and/or employees, and participate in one-on-one and small group situations.
• Calculate items such as discounts, commissions, simple interest, percentages, areas, circumference, and volume. Ability to understand fractions, ratios, and proportions.
• Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Utilize common sense understanding to multiple tasks, analyze and solve practical problems.
• Prioritize and delegate tasks and projects, work both independently and as part of a team.
• Adapt to frequent changes in the work environment.
• Complete computer skills which can include e-mail, internet.
• Competency with word processing, spreadsheet, and database activities.
Education, Experience, Certificates, Licenses:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a 4-year college or university; or 12-24 months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Current, valid Driver’s License, insurable driving record, and proof of current automobile insurance required.
Boisset Collection is an equal opportunity employer.