Estate Host (Full-Time)
Ashes & Diamonds Winery
The A&D Estate Host's primary focus is to promote our wines and our club memberships. They are a liaison to our customers and must be able to speak eloquently and passionately about our wines and company ethos. Our goal is to exceed expectations and ensure our guests have enjoyable and memorable experiences. Both our team and guests come from diverse backgrounds and candidates should be passionate about wine and food, as well as, art and culture.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Warmly welcome all visitors to A&D and connect with them about our food and wine experiences
• Ability to impress upon our guests about our wines, wine-making techniques, and unique aspects of our wines
• Connect with guests about our exclusive Wine Club Memberships and their additional benefits with partnered organizations.
• Ability to process purchasing transactions using Winedirect POS system, including operating cash register, accounting for daily sales and processing returns and discounts.
• Take initiative for self-development in the area of understanding our wines, our brands, general hospitality and in acquiring effective sales techniques and acumen.
• Participate in company-sponsored wine education and development opportunities.
• Maintain knowledge of current and new legal issues pertaining to interstate shipping of wine to consumers and their impact on day-to-day wine shipments.
• Participate in and assist with special hospitality events at the winery.
• Contribute to opening or closing duties for that day and any other tasting room duties such as; wash and polish glassware.
• Job duties can change occasionally and it’s important that each team member has a wiliness to help out other fellow staff in both front and back of house duties when necessary.
• Wine industry, hospitality or fine dining experience is preferred
• Additional knowledge about the history of the Napa Valley and AVA’s are a plus but not required
• Work as a team to help increase wine sales and meet company monthly goals.
• Must be willing and able to work evenings, weekends and some holidays
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Basic knowledge of MS Office applications, including Excel.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
• Ability to multitask and problem-solve effectively and efficiently.
• Positive and professional attitude; self-motivated.
• Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
• Lift and handle materials weighing up to 25 lbs.
• Stand on hard surface for extended periods.
• Grasp, stoop, squat, climb stairs, push or pull, carry and reach over shoulder.
• Ability to operate various types of machinery to include, but not limited to: pallet jacks; hand trucks, etc.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under pressure.
Successful employees will share in our core values. We are looking to hire candidates that are passionate, energetic, flexible, accountable, driven and thrives in a team environment.
A&D offers competitive salary to include membership sign up bonus’s and service fees on events.
Type of Work: Full-Time