The primary focus of the position is driving sales and membership conversion.
Named after Dr. Pangloss, the eternal optimist in Voltaire’s novel Candide, Pangloss Cellars is a celebration of optimism as the ideal way to approach life.
Pangloss Cellars was founded on the belief that the consumer experience is as important as the wines themselves. You will be working in our historic building on the Sonoma Plaza dating back to 1902 – the home of our Pangloss Cellars Tasting Lounge and new outdoor Tasting Terrace. These spaces both define Pangloss Cellars and embody our core values: it is welcoming, authentic, optimistic, community focused and social – a warm and beautiful historic place to enjoy the sensory experience of fine wine. With over 4,000 square feet of indoor space as well as 1,500 square feet outdoors we are able to offer a variety of different experiences. All of our in-person tastings are by prior reservation, with a duration of 90 minutes. Our wines are exclusively available from our Tasting Lounge, through membership in the Optimist Society and on our website.
Our team is dynamic and united by a shared mission. Everyone brings significant experience, a positive outlook and prior success, to the table. We expect no less from you.
We offer above-market compensation, a top-tier health and dental plan.
• Consistently deliver impeccable hospitality and service that supports the core mission of the brand
• In a by prior reservation environment, promote and effectively sell wine and wine club membership conversions
• Meet monthly sales and conversion goals, both in the Tasting Lounge and Tasting Terrace as well as through outbound sales campaigns
• Accurate and timely customer data and order entry
• Assist in the daily opening and closing procedures
• Demonstrates personal accountability by completing all job duties in a correct and timely manner and by following all company policies and procedures.
• Sales oriented team player
• Ability to intelligently and articulately communicate about our wines and membership tiers
• Easily flexes into tailoring the experience for the novice or the well-informed connoisseur
• Strong background and knowledge of wine and the winemaking process
• Very organized and detail oriented
• Self-starter, internally driven and motivated
• Must thrive in a high-energy and fast-paced environment
• Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to lift 40 pounds
• Weekends, some holidays and some evenings required
Email a cover letter and resume to Team@panglosscellars.com (no phone calls). Out-of-state resumes will not be considered.