We invite you to join a team of sales professionals and luxury hospitality specialists to achieve business goals through delivering best-in-class hospitality and customer service at our beautiful Russian River Valley Winery. We are looking for dynamic, personable, luxury “hospitalians” to round out our small team of cutting-edge innovators. Previous hospitality or luxury hotel experience is preferred but not required.
Gary Farrell Winery offers wine lovers a vibrant, generous, inviting collection of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay that includes masterfully made single vineyard wines from iconic vineyards alongside beautifully composed regional blends with a true sense of place, ready to be shared with good friends and lively conversation.
Job Title: Estate Concierge | Winery Tasting Room
Reports To: Tasting Salon Manager
Type of work: Full-Time
Scope: The Estate Concierge is a critical member of the Salon hospitality team and is the initial and primary liaison for guests of our winery. Exemplary communication and hospitality skills, as well as professional demeanor are required to ensure that all guests receive an experience that is aligned with the philosophies and goals of Gary Farrell Winery and over-delivers on guests’ expectations.
Winery Host (50%)
• Greet guests by name, and in a gracious, warm and welcoming manner as they arrive
• Confirm their appointment and introduce them to their winery host (Estate Ambassador)
• Ensure that guests’ needs are met until they are able to be hosted for their experience
• Adjust, adapt, and manage communications to provide exceptional service to all visitors. Inform management of any conflicts or potential issues
• Be aware of monthly sales, visitor and club goals; assist in balancing visitation goals within resource availability and target mix of guest
• Continually update floor team with any news or changes to the day’s appointments
• Maintain thorough knowledge of the winery and brand messaging, and be able to communicate wine tasting options, membership programs, and other consumer/trade information
• Acts as a full-service “white glove” Concierge: suggest memorable experiences for our guests through high level referral relationships with lodging partners, restaurants and wineries
• Additional related tasks or as assigned
Guest Services (50%)
• Manage tasting room reservations and inquiries via phone, email and online system, in-person; including guest correspondence and appointment logistics
• Answer the telephone; manage new reservations for the current day and book appointments for future reservations
• Manage the day’s appointments including communications and logistics with both guests and winery personnel
• Develop “best practices” for reservation intake, reservation confirmation and follow up; make suggestions for improvements as needed
• Work with tasting room management and staff to distribute daily appointment schedule and coordinate execution of existing guest reservations.
• Update and maintain winery calendar and Tock reservation software, ensuring accuracy and information sharing across the company
• Coordinate activities for trade, VIP and private large group experiences
• Work with internal and external representatives to execute activities, securing all necessary manpower, equipment, etc. and preparing other GFW Ambassadors to host and manage respective activities
• Monitor and manage the flow of all guest reservations and communicate with hospitality team for both scheduled and same-day appointments
• Nurture relationships with transportation drivers, luxury lodging partners and other referral sources when they visit the winery to ensure they too have a positive lasting impression of Gary Farrell Winery and the way in which we care for their clients
• Strong ability to multi-task and remain calm under pressure
• Excellent computer skills and time-sensitivity to email communications
• A warm and gracious personality with demonstrated enthusiasm and passion
• Displays professionalism in both appearance and verbal/written communications
• Team player with a positive attitude and outlook at all times; does not display frustration or impatience even in the most difficult situations
• Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds on an intermittent basis
• Ability to work in a standing and/or walking position for long periods of time
• Ability to effectively stock wine and non-wine merchandise, set-up and break down structures, tables, etc., and be able to utilize dolly cart and other equipment to assist in moving heavy objects
Key Internal Relationships:
Estate Ambassadors: The Concierge works directly with Estate Ambassadors to provide guests with an optimal visitor experience as well as to efficiently and effectively manage the daily appointments of the tasting room.
Tasting Room Management: The Concierge reports directly to the Tasting Room Manager and works alongside the Assistant Tasting Room Manager and Estate Sommelier.