Schramsberg, America's House of Sparkling Wine is seeking a Gardener to join our team.
Full-Time, Non-Exempt, Year-round position with Great Benefits.
Under the supervision of the Garden Supervisor, Cares and maintains all planted and natural flowers, shrubs, ground cover, trees, and bushes to include watering, weeding, pruning, shaping, fertilizing, pesticide and fungicide applications as deemed appropriate.
- Care and Maintain potted plants in the residence(s) and offices on a regular basis.
- Move potted plants as they might need to be moved and/or replanted depending on the size and health of the plants.
- Use of hand tools, such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, or hedge trimmers.
- Tasks may involve shoveling, sawing, sweeping, and raking.
- Create floral arrangements and seasonal decorating in the residence, offices, and visitor center as scheduled or requested.
- Light to moderate repair and maintenance of irrigation systems to ensure proper water coverage in garden areas.
- Participate in the process of converting garden waste to compost for future use in the gardens.
- Operation of vehicles and light power tools.
- Maintain and organize the garden nursery/storage area(s).
- Maintain clean grounds.
- Follow all safety procedures while performing any assigned tasks.
- Use personal protective equipment as required.
- Works successfully as part of a team and maintains strong working relationships with co-workers.
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar role.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Valid Driver's license (with a clean driving record).
- Ability to work outside year-round, including in inclement weather.
- Safe and appropriate use of garden equipment and power tools
- Basic English is desirable
Please submit your resume. No phone calls, please.