Find with us a fantastic opportunity to immerse yourself in the business and learn more about the world of sparkling wine while working with our Operations team.
At Chandon we focus on celebrating the diverse cultures that make up our team. Being part of a large corporate group like LVMH, we pride ourselves on creating a collective culture that is universal throughout your journey with us.
The Tractor Driver must be able to operate any tractor and/or ATV safely and properly. A tractor driver must maintain all of his equipment and/or implements in a clean and operational manner. He or she must also take excellent care of all vineyard property and maintaining a safe and quality-based approach while working around all personnel.
This position is a full time, regular position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• General vineyard maintenance such as (Handwork, pruning, trellis repair, etc.)
• Soil Management activities (Such as; mowing, discing, and ripping, under vine cultivation, spreading amendments and seeding)
• General equipment operation (Tractor, ATV operation, backhoe, etc.)
• Canopy Management activities (such as; hedging, leafing, pesticide spraying and prepruning)
• Maintains open communication with Vineyard Supervisor and team employees.
• Interacts in an effective and positive manner
• Provides hands-on support, assigns daily tasks
• Enforces company policies, practices, and safety programs (Identify and communicate hazards observed)
Professional experience & know how:
• In order to perform this job successfully an individual must have basic tractor experience, (2) or more years of experience and/or a willingness to learn on the job.
• Must be able to understand and interpret documents such as safety rules of operation and maintenance manuals.
• Knowledge of viticulture activities such as but not limited to pruning, suckering, cluster thinning, hedging and harvesting.
• Must understand how to operate vineyard equipment.
• Must be able to work weekends and/or overtime. Potential for on-call status for emergency responding.
• Must have a valid CA driver’s license
• Ability to work under conditions of extreme heat and cold
Personal & interpersonal skills:
• Ability to remember information such as words, numbers, pictures, and procedures.
• Ability to perform duties with responsibility. Must be able to work safely around equipment, trucks, work crews & natural landscape such as creeks, rivers, trees, ditches, etc.
Training & Development
Wellness Resources (Lifestyle reimbursements)
Wine allocation and discounts
NOTICE: Domaine Chandon collects and processes personal data in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). Please click on the privacy notice here for further details.
CHANDON California is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.