The Member Sales & Representative is responsible for responding to all incoming customer service calls and enquiries while achieving monthly sales and membership goals through the execution of proactive outreach.
Duties and responsibilities
Proactive customer management
- Make an average of 40 calls per day to our consumer file.
- Answer incoming calls and emails for customer service/sales.
- Respond and resolve customer service issues in a timely manner.
- Identify high-value members and customers and ensure Clos du Val has the appropriate contact with them.
- Build advocates amongst the Clos du Val.
- Track and record all tele sales activity with the wineries CRM tracker.
- Meet or exceed sales goals on a consistent basis at the same time as balancing the opportunity to create advocates with closing the sale.
- Capitalize on customer service opportunities to upsell/cross-promote wines/sizes in the Clos du Val portfolio.
- Sell and upsell wine club memberships.
Participate in consumer events at the winery.
- Assist with occasional consumer events at the winery.
- Participate in brand trainings and wine tastings.
Data & CRM management
- Update CDV CRM System when new information is gleaned from the customer.
Community of excellence
- Fuel the sharing of ‘best practice’ and learning within/between members of the Clos du Val team.
- As part of the Clos du Val DTC team endeavor to always provide first-class customer service
- 2 years of successful experience in a similar tele sales role for a luxury brands company. Wine is ideal.
- Successful track record of meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Best in class customer service and relationship-based sales
- Solid knowledge of wine & food
- Proficient with PC software such as Outlook, Word & Excel
- Sales driven with a heart for customer service.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships.
- Exceptional verbal and written communicator
- Good sense of humor and a flexible attitude
- Self-starter manager who has demonstrated an ability to communicate, work with and lead others in a matrix environment.
- Works cooperatively as a member of a team and is committed to the overall team objectives rather than own interests.
- Is honest in opinions and takes responsibility for his/her actions.
- Strong persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to speak before large audiences both internally and externally, required.
- Must possess strong negotiation and mediation skills with the ability to influence and motivate others to meet objectives under sometimes-restrictive timelines.
- Excellent organization skills, multi-tasking, and project management skills required.
- Ability to lift wine cases of circa 50 lbs.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Diver.
- Valid driver’s license required.