JOB TITLE: Tasting Room Greeter
DEPARTMENT: Tasting Room
REPORTS TO: Retail & Hospitality Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Hourly, Non-Exempt
For forty years, Sequoia Grove Winery has been obsessed with the details that go into crafting our Napa Valley wines and single-vineyard Cabernet Sauvignons. Our commitment to quality starts in the vineyard; we grow the very best grapes in the finest terroir to form the foundation of our wines. Quality is intrinsic to everything we do, from wine making to our gracious hospitality; it’s engrained in our culture and the vanguard of our philosophy. The next step in our compelling evolution begins in 2018 with the introduction of our new state-of-the-art wine making and hospitality facilities. At Sequoia Grove, we’ve been carving our own path for decades while never losing sight of who we are; rooted in history, guided by integrity, resolute in our values, and committed to the future.
Responsible for enhancing the brand value of Sequoia Grove Winery by creating positive customer relationships through exceptional guest experiences, resulting in wine sales now and in the future. Welcome our Guests to the winery and check them in. Assist servers and tasting room hospitality staff in maintaining clean, safe, efficient, and well-stocked work areas. This hourly, non-exempt position is part-time and requires flexibility to work weekdays, weekends and holidays. Overtime occasionally required, often on short notice.
• Greet Guests upon arrival, check them in for their tasting, and escort them to their tables
• May assist in answering phones, making reservations, and confirmation phone calls
• Assist Guests with questions about the tasting options, winery, and region and provide recommendations
• Work effectively with tasting room team through daily duties and operations
• Set-up and clean-up, assisting the team as needed
• Check floors and tidy restrooms periodically, clean and restock as required
• Carry trays in hands and glassware on a tray, bussing in the presence of guests.
• Reset tables for new guests as needed
• Maintain cleanliness and sanitation at all times; perform closing clean-up duties.
• Restock wine and merchandise display areas
• Assist in packing guest orders as needed
• Take wine out to guests’ cars as needed
• Assist other staff members as needed to ensure optimum service to all patrons
• Fully support the Winery’s policies and procedures
• Fully support the Company’s commitment toward established Safety practices and policies
• Support and demonstrate commitment to the Company’s sustainability and green initiatives/practices, including energy and resource efficiency, recycling programs, etc.
• Special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required.
• Demonstrate friendly and positive attitude
• Excellent customer service skills – enjoy working with people in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to communicate with visitors in a confident, knowledgeable, warm and friendly manner
• Excellence in creating/providing guest experiences in keeping with Sequoia Grove Winery core values and brand image.
• Ability to follow directions and manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Proactive; anticipate needs and work to meet them
• Reliable and punctual
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
• Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Must be able to speak, read and understand English
• Must be 18 years of age.
Performance will be measured against accomplishment of job responsibilities and annual goals and strategic objectives using Sequoia Grove’s performance review system.
Most job responsibilities will be performed in the Tasting Room and other Visitor Center locations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to possess ambulatory skills sufficient to stand and walk for extended periods of time. Must also repetitively lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
SEQUOIA GROVE WINERY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, COMMITTED TO A DIVERSE AND INCLUSIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT. (EOE M/V/F/D)