The VP of Strategic Insights leads the marketing and shopper insight and analytics team, driving strategy and execution across multiple departments. The job plays an integral role in formulating the marketing, trade development and sales strategy for TWG brands though analyzing, researching, and understanding consumer and shopper behaviors. This position requires a blend of analytics, marketing, financial savvy, and strategic vision. The VP of Strategic Insights will work closely with all levels of the organization to bring actionable consumer and shopper intelligence to stakeholders from the c-suite to the retail chain buyer. It requires a strong knowledge base of a broad range of data streams as well as exceptional technical skills and an ability to effectively manage a diverse team of experts.
* Lead a diverse team of insights managers, creating a best-in-class center of excellence through coaching and functional training.
* Drive initiatives on consumer segmentation, market structure and brand health.
* Insight development and analysis: Organize and analyze consumer and market information that provides strategic direction and council to our marketing and trade marketing teams. Ability to convey this information in a way that inspires our key stakeholders to act with strategies that will create winning brand plans.
* Expert in understanding Loyalty Card data programs such as IRI Kroger Loyalty Card data, Albertsons Loyalty Card Data, Meijer Loyalty Card Data and Catalina data to identify opportunities and weave shopper insight stories to support both the TWG marketing team and Trade Development lead-selling teams.
* Extensive background in understanding ways to pull, process and interpret market scan data including IRI market scans, consumer panel data as well as internal company depletions/shipments to build tools that will identify market opportunities around trends, segment opportunities and growth areas.
* Development of new tools utilizing excel, data warehouse management and PowerBI that will allow information to be easily accessible and usable for the marketing and sales teams.
* Strong technical skills. Advanced Excel user with understanding of SQL and Access database management.
* Ability to lead initiatives around innovation including trend identification, areas of strengths and weaknesses for our current brand portfolio as well as new brand opportunities.
* Leverage all market data including Source of Volume, Brand Interaction Analysis, Switching Reports, Consumer Demographics, Basket Cart Analysis, Switching, Point of Entry, Consumer Decision Trees to educate and assist marketing managers in the most effective ways to market TWG brands.
* Organize Annual Market Summit days by recruiting consumer insight organizations to provide information on consumer habits and market trends that will establish short- and longer-term winning marketing strategies.
* Partner with finance counterparts on best-in-class post promotion analysis of Marketing and Trade Marketing programs to assess areas of success as well as areas of improvement.
* Consumer research and insights expertise
* Excel, PowerPoint and PowerBI - Expert
* Access - knowledge
* IRI Unify Platform - Expert
* Data Extraction and Manipulation tools including willingness to learn basic SQL statements
* 10+ years of experience in the consumer package goods with alcoholic beverage experience
* MBA or equivalent experience required
* Strong analytical thinking, self-motivated and a self-starter with intellectual curiosity.
* Demonstrated leadership skills and the proven ability to attract, retain, motivate, and lead a remote, diverse team consisting of multiple disciplines spread over multiple geographies, including people management, project prioritization and department budgeting.
* Excellent organizational skills with an ability to work independently as well as in a team environment and be flexible to changes
* Ability to simplify complex situations and focus on value and effectiveness
* Expert storyteller for both internal and external audiences
* Ability to work and succeed in dynamic entrepreneurial environment
* Support and model all company procedures and policies
* Embrace and demonstrate The Wine Group Values - Performance, Empowerment and Cost- Mindful, and utilize them for all decision making
* Willing to travel with overnight stays as needed
* Primary work activities are within an office environment.
* Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in an office environment
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.